Spreading calories over the week

Options
I am on 1200 calories per day. If I feel like eating less one day, but more on another day during the same week, will this still be productive in losing weight? i.e. as long as I am still on 8400 calories per week.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes that's fine, though i would not suggest making eating less than 1200 cals a regular thing.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh I wouldn't, lol. Thank you Tavistock Toad :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you don't reset at midnight or anything...energy balance happens on a continuum.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes that's fine, though i would not suggest making eating less than 1200 cals a regular thing.

totally this...but I would ask why 1200?

did you set that yourself? Did MFP do that? and if MFP did what did you set as your weekly weight loss goal?

I ask as 1200 is the bare minimum recommended.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

did you set that yourself? Did MFP do that? and if MFP did what did you set as your weekly weight loss goal?

OP is going on the crash course.
    As a full grown adult you shouldn't be eating less than 1200 per day. So there is no wiggle room
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I find the weekly summaries helpful for this; they tell you what your weekly total was and how often you got within 15% of your calorie goals.

There are also intermittent fasting regimens that involve eating more some days and less on others; try some of those out! :)
  • kathymhardy
    Options

This is the total that MFP set me. I think I set as a 1lb per week loss.
  • kathymhardy
    Options
    timtam163 wrote: »
    I find the weekly summaries helpful for this; they tell you what your weekly total was and how often you got within 15% of your calorie goals.

There are also intermittent fasting regimens that involve eating more some days and less on others; try some of those out! :)

I do try to have one or two fast days (650 calories) per week. Not every week, but more so when I have a social occasion at the weekend.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

This is the total that MFP set me. I think I set as a 1lb per week loss.

hmm must be a tiny woman...on that note tho if you have less than 10lbs left to lose might want to adjust it 1/2lb to allow for reverse dieting to not be a huge impact when you hit goal.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I "bank" calories all the time. Especially during football season. I enjoy snacking while watching college football.....and I don't intend to give it up! I
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Sounds like intermittent fasting would be a good place for you to start - specifically 5:2.