another huge running NSV!!!

Options
So my goal when I started running on April 8th was to be ready to run a 5K by September and to be ready for a big local road race (7 miles) by next July and maybe a 1/2 marathon late next year.

Well I am pretty much crushing those goals!!! This last Saturday was the road race and I ran the whole thing a year before I expected to!!!! Did the hilly seven mile course in 60 minutes flat, and that included a 12+ minute first mile due to the crowd of people (18,000+ runners) and I made the mistake of starting towards the back.

I looked back at my logs and I did my first 5k on 6-22, then did a 10k on 7-4, then this 7 mile race....I just went ahead and signed up for a half marathon at the end of September.

This is so exciting for me.....I truly can't believe that on 4-8 of this year I did my first run and thought I was going to die after just 1/4 mile!!! It is so amazing what you can accomplish in such a short time when you put your mind to it...less than 5 months ago I was 65 pounds heavier and running anything was out of the question. It defiantly was not easy and there was some pain involved, but also not impossible and It's not like I was running every day either (usually averages out to 3 days a week)

Replies

• fitat53
    fitat53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Not just your running either, your COMMITMENT is incredible! Again, Congratulations!!
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    This is awesome! Super inspiring! I'm trying to be ready to run a 5k in november :) thats my goal. Congrats on crushing these goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!