Long Time Member - Never Said Hi

Options
I thought after years of being on MFP (and deleting accounts only to remake them) I thought I would attempt the community. Once upon a time, I lived on forums but with life they've gotten left behind. I have been struggling lately and put on some weight I've lost and just looking for support and new friends ^.^

A Little bit about me: My name is Kay and my gamer friends call me Helkaahaien or Sushifish. I'm 30yrs old, married, and have 2 kids. When I was 20yrs old I was pregnant with our first child and in a catastrophic level car accident. I have a TBI, 1.5 lungs (as 1 was mean and didn't heal fully), severe nerve damage across my lower back and down my right side, plus other fun less major things ;) It took me a little over a year to learn how to walk again without any assistance out of pure stubbornness (I was told I would always need a cane) but I still struggle with balance. Like most my husband and I turned to food and I got up to 300lbs, my turning point, after trying a lot of different things to lose the weight. I got serious and shocking myself dropped 105lbs in a year. Now I've put a few back on and having a hard time getting back into things. I pushed myself to try to run a half marathon recently causing my injuries to flare up a lot. It forced me to take an almost 6mo break from fitness and that caused me to make a lot of mistakes. My husband is also my enemy as he loves to buy sweets he knows I can't have in the house (cause if it's here I'll eat it). Right now I'm doing the Katy Hearn Spring Promo 2017 and slowly getting back into a light jog. My goal is to be in the best shape I can be in by BlizzCon (Nov 3) and our 10yr anniversary trip out to CA.

BTW - I can be really quite, like creepy interwebs stalker quite, but if you message me I'll chat you like crazy. Don't know why but I've always been like that so sorry if I'm slow to act, trying to work on that and meet new people ^.^

So here's to new friends!

Replies