Why is it

Options
Why is it that when you want to get fit and improve yourself, you lose friends? I am sooooooo sad. My best friend is gone cuz I chaned? I dont get it I am SILL ME!

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    Don't you understand? She didn't leave because YOU CHANGED. She left because SHE COULDN'T.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I can relate to what you are saying. I have friends/coworkers who don't even talk to me much any more...:sad:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Happy to report that I am NOT in the same situation! So sorry for you folks that are. I think, however, that friends that would leave because you want to be healthier were never REAL friends. You will make better friends as the new and improved you! Good luck!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard....but those are the kinds of friends that you are better off without.
    <hugs>
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    I couldn't agree with either one of you any more if I tried.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. Your friends should be happy that you are taking the initiative to get healthier. I've heard about this happening with a lot of people when bringing it up at the gym.

I think a lot of it stems from the fact you are heating healthier and working out and they know they should be but aren't. So they avoid you to keep from feeling bad about themselves. Which is very sad.

Much love and hugs to you.