Burning Man - Have you ever been to it?

Options
Tweaking_Time
Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
I am not sure what exactly it is. As best I can tell it is a no-money, barter economy, dusty, hot/cold art festival, camp out, bike ride, hippie thing/non-hippie thing, that has a bunch of other things going on in the middle of the uninhabited desert salt flat?

Have you ever been?

Is there a main purpose to it?

Replies

• BeachHot23
    BeachHot23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah...it's dope. I want to go to the one in Africa
  • Tencwhiskey
    Tencwhiskey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I live just a couple hours from where they hold Burning man and have been to the event a few times. Its something everyone should once in their lifetime.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I got that once. Doc gave me penicillin for it.
  • BeachHot23
    Options

Dude that's sick
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    the purpose is to have fun and let go for a week. I've never been, had tickets once year but had to resell them because something came up. I have many friends that go every year religiously, and I will go eventually. Burning Man is what you make of it. Drug fueled bacchanalia? There's a tent for that. 24/7 anonymous orgy? there's a tent for that. spiritual awakening and meditation? yep. there's a tent for that.

Heck, I have a couple friends that are city dwellers and go every year because they like to spend a week or more building things with their hands. Art installations, temporary buildings, tents, domes, whatever. They get to spend part of their year working with their hands in a way that they don't have the opportunity to do the rest of the year. That's literally their entire purpose in life when they go.
  • BeachHot23
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I guess it's AfrikaBurn that I was talking about lol
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    the purpose is to have fun and let go for a week. I've never been, had tickets once year but had to resell them because something came up. I have many friends that go every year religiously, and I will go eventually. Burning Man is what you make of it. Drug fueled bacchanalia? There's a tent for that. 24/7 anonymous orgy? there's a tent for that. spiritual awakening and meditation? yep. there's a tent for that.

Heck, I have a couple friends that are city dwellers and go every year because they like to spend a week or more building things with their hands. Art installations, temporary buildings, tents, domes, whatever. They get to spend part of their year working with their hands in a way that they don't have the opportunity to do the rest of the year. That's literally their entire purpose in life when they go.

Thanks for this explanation...It looks fascinating for sure but I think I am a spectator, not a participant.
  • BeachHot23
    Options

Thanks for this explanation...It looks fascinating for sure but I think I am a spectator, not a participant.

You can spectate. Haha
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options

Dude that's sick

Maybe but you're intrigued. And part of you is drawn to me now.
  • jdlobb
    Options

there is nothing at all wrong with that. You might even surprise yourself.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options

Dude that's sick

Maybe but you're intrigued. And part of you is drawn to me now.

Yes. Yes I am.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Oh topic at hand: Burning Man is on my list of must do... one of my friends will NOT miss it. She describes it as an out of body experience really.....ive not asked how she achieves said feeling but I guess it does not matter.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh get out there and cut loose. get wild and crazy, do things you never did before.here today, gone tomorrow.LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Oh topic at hand: Burning Man is on my list of must do... one of my friends will NOT miss it. She describes it as an out of body experience really.....ive not asked how she achieves said feeling but I guess it does not matter.

Molly
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I truly thought this said Burning Man - Have you seen it?
  • jdlobb
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

Molly

amateur hour.

peyote
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    I live just a couple hours from where they hold Burning man and have been to the event a few times. Its something everyone should once in their lifetime.

How much nudity is there?