Any over the hill hikers here?

Options
I wonder if there are other hikers here on the forums. Speak up if you're over fifty and like to hike.

happy trails
Trayal Walker

Replies

• jehramsey
    jehramsey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wonder if there are other hikers here on the forums. Speak up if you're over fifty and like to hike.

happy trails
    Trayal Walker

I'm not over the hill but I do a lot of hiking. (Hiked about 400 miles this year) I love It! The first of October I'm actually doing a 160 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail and Benton Mackaye Trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Plan on taking 13 days.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lots of us here!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Yurp. Love it.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and my husband is 68. We both hike.
  • trayalwalker
    trayalwalker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great! I am an avid hiker usually, but this month we have been selling our home, packing, and getting ready to move from Washington State to Mesa, AZ. Our closing date on the house is any time between mid Sept. to Sept. 29.

Hiking is a favorite pastime for me and I have been slowly preparing to section hike the PCT.
    First off, I began getting in shape three years ago with Zumba and day hiking. I have hiked upwards of 40 miles a week and volunteer as a hike leader for our Parks and Rec dept.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Great! I am an avid hiker usually, but this month we have been selling our home, packing, and getting ready to move from Washington State to Mesa, AZ. Our closing date on the house is any time between mid Sept. to Sept. 29.

Hiking is a favorite pastime for me and I have been slowly preparing to section hike the PCT.
    First off, I began getting in shape three years ago with Zumba and day hiking. I have hiked upwards of 40 miles a week and volunteer as a hike leader for our Parks and Rec dept.

You are awesome! - no sarcasm intended. Sounds wonderful.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I'm not yet 50, but I live in Vermont and there is not a lot of flat...
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Not over the 5 hill yet but getting there Turning 49 this week and love love love hiking. Nt enough time to do it as much as I'd want though
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    Well over the hill at 66. Still like to hike and backpack. Just don't do it as often anymore. Just laziness. Still have all the gear and the ability. Just not the same desire.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Not over 50 (but feel like it some days...lol). Hiking us my fav exercise. I live in southern Ontario and love to go on the Bruce Trail. We are lucky to have a plethora of amazing trails here. We are planning a late fall hike at Algonquin and a bigger trip to Banff in the summer. I can't stand being cooped up in a gym when there is so much to see out there.