Magic Weight fluctuations!

Options
Hey MFP just curious about something.

I weighed myself this morning, went for a quick shop down the road, came back and weighed myself again and found I'd put on 0.5kg! This is without breakfast or water.

Science side of MFP, can you guys explain how this works?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Did you put on clothes?
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Options that occur to me
    1. Scale inaccuracy
    2. Added shoes or clothing

Scale weight is one data point you shouldn't weigh more then once a day and you should look at trend instead of any one data point.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Nope! No clothes both times. I've noticed it a few times so I was testing it out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sashslay wrote: »
    Nope! No clothes both times. I've noticed it a few times so I was testing it out.

why would you weigh yourself at different times of day? what are you trying to achieve?
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sashslay wrote: »

why would you weigh yourself at different times of day? what are you trying to achieve?

I just wanted to look at weight fluctuations and try to understand what causes them. I'm already within a healthy weight so they don't bother me weight wise, but I'm curious to know why and how they happen.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The scale moved to a different level on the ground?

The scale rounded up instead of rounding down?

Any of these and more.

Get a weight trend app (I use Happy Scale) and weigh yourself at the same time daily.