FUSSY EATING

Options
2»

Replies

• AshFitness98
    AshFitness98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Look for healthier versions of the food you enjoy. I'm not huge on fruits or vegetables. I like fruit in smoothies and vegetables cooked in a dish with some sort of sauce.
    Over the last few months I've come to like more but it would be unrealistic for you to mostly eat fruits and vegetables if you dont eat them now. You would come to resent them in general if you dont transition into it.
    I would go on Pinterest and type in the food you want and then add healthy to the beginning of it like "healthy pizza". I've found some good recipes and I still get to enjoy the things I like.
    If you like dessert look for recipes or items at the store that are lower in calories. I eat a couple scoops of ice cream each week but I factor that in and I look for brands with lower calories.

If anything exercise more so you can eat more.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Figure out what you don't like about fruits and vegetables and see if you can mask that aspect. Use a sauce, dressing, yogurt or nut butter to change the flavors. Prepare it a different way if it's the texture. Roasted veggies are absolutely delicious! Dipped in salsa makes a great snack. Cut an apple into thin slices and bake with a little cinnamon, butter spray and stevia. Then you have apple chips.

You're either going to get creative, learn to tolerate what you don't like, or continue being hungry and unsatisfied on your current diet.

Don't forget unhealthy.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    That's my problem, almost of the foods I like are high in calories so I can't have much of them without going over my daily allowance, that's when I start to get hungry

have you tried eating 6 small meals per day? maybe do that instead of just doing 3 meals and two snacks for instance (I'm not sure what you currently do). I like fruits and veggies and those are great low calorie fillers so I realize I'm probably not much help.