Looking for a buddy looking to lose 30 ish pounds

Options
2»

Replies

• fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Im 34 and need to shift 30lbs.the last 4 have really snuck up on me.

Plan on focusing on macros, walking to begin with and some resistance training.

Have fibromyalgia so can't go all out at the gym

I'm sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia. If you can't exercise much because of the pain maybe you should consider doing the keto diet. It's not as complex as some might think and the results have been incredibly strange in a good way for me. I couldn't workout for about a month so I began to do the diet and I lost nearly 20 lbs in a month and all my inflammation went away.
  • mtzombie
    mtzombie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Looking this lose ~50lbs. I used this app a year ago and lost around 90 (over 2 yr period) and found I was really successful with having friends logging with me! Since then none of my friends log and I've fallen off the wagon, gained 30lbs back. So if anyone wants to have support add me and we can feel more accountable haha.
  • Notchel
    Notchel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 30lbs to lose - count me in please!
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Interested! I'm 38, looking to lose about 30. I've done it in the past successfully, but it has slowly crept back on. I'm a newly licensed massage therapist, and I struggle with eating well in between appointments and having the energy to exercise and make a proper dinner after being on my feet and using my body most of the day. Add me!
  • Cazzabelle82
    Cazzabelle82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    Im 34 and need to shift 30lbs.the last 4 have really snuck up on me.

Plan on focusing on macros, walking to begin with and some resistance training.

Have fibromyalgia so can't go all out at the gym

I'm sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia. If you can't exercise much because of the pain maybe you should consider doing the keto diet. It's not as complex as some might think and the results have been incredibly strange in a good way for me. I couldn't workout for about a month so I began to do the diet and I lost nearly 20 lbs in a month and all my inflammation went away.

I have tried looking at Keto ...but just can't get my head round it. But tbh can't get my head round macros ....lol.

It is more the fatigue side that wipes me out atm
  • dfwgal1
    dfwgal1 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I have about 25-30 lbs to loose. I lost around 30 lbs about 5 years ago and then kept it off. But gained it back in the last 1.5 years.
    I'm also trying to do it low carb.
    Add me if you want!
  • EleniRN95
    EleniRN95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am totally in! I want to lose 35-40lbs. I hate tracking my food so that will be the hardest part for me. But, I will be down to support and motivate each other.
  • kboard25
    kboard25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old, looking to lose 30 lbs. I'm a serial starter but I NEED to get on track & get serious. Would love to have friends to help out with this journey.
  • kkfaith7
    kkfaith7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is perfect! I'm so glad to have stumbled across this thread. I just turned 30 last month and restarted my weight loss regime last Monday. I've lost 4 lbs so far and have 30 more to go. It seems as though I've come to the right place with people who have very similar goals! I am definitely looking for a little support group to help keep me motivated.
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My ultimate goal is to lose about 40lbs- add me if you want to we can all work together.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    At 31 I have 30 to lose (quite possibly more as would still be heavy for my height but it would put me in a bracket I've not seen in my adult life!)

Happy for anyone to add me if youd like. Its good to browse peoples diaries I think.

I started on 15th August and lost just under 7lb so far which seems too good to be true!
    I dont mind tracking, and make good choices at home. Its beer and takeaways when I'm not home that are my real challenges!!