Don't mean to be crude...

Options
2»

Replies

• tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    candice072 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be crude or offend anyone, but why isn't sex listed as a cardio activity? You have to burn serious calories right?

it's like 6 calories for 30 minutes.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've wondered that too. I guess because there are too many variables to calculate proper calories burned.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Um, counted as part of normal activity level so not exercise.

What if you don't do it everyday? Lol
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    This question comes up AT LEAST once a week on the forums...
  • Boland_D
    Boland_D Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It's not consistent enough to be a set exercise.
    Sometimes it consists of zero work other times it feels like you're dying.
    Also, it doesnt burn many calories.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Then count it as a bonus.
  • candice072
    candice072 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I don't count anything that I do for less than a couple of minutes.

Love this response
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Women surely can’t count it if their man is doing all the work.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    It raises your heart rate, but if that counted for weight loss, nobody would ever be obese with tachycardia.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Well, I don't think you have to do do something every day to be part of your normal activity level.
    It is like the threads asking why some people log doing laundry or cleaning or making the bed. You can log whatever you want but it probably won't help you to log it as exercise.
  • 150_lbs_by_2019
    150_lbs_by_2019 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The average sexual encounter, including foreplay, is roughly 25 minutes. This is basic sex, nothing vigorous or kinky (you know, the fun stuff). Men burn 100 calories during the average 25-minute sex work out and women burn 69 calories. This number does not account for rough sex or anyone overweight. This is the number for average, normal weight people. If you wanted to add this into the MFP database, you could simply use the average person (based on weight) and would put 1.6667 calories burned per minute (if you're a man) and 1.15 calories burned per minute for women. The more intense sexual workout, the more calories you will burn, obviously. Therefore, a sexual work out can burn as many calories as walking at 3 miles per hour to jogging at 5 miles per hour.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    macclone wrote: »
    Women surely can’t count it if their man is doing all the work.

And vice versa.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The average sexual encounter, including foreplay, is roughly 25 minutes. This is basic sex, nothing vigorous or kinky (you know, the fun stuff). Men burn 100 calories during the average 25-minute sex work out and women burn 69 calories. This number does not account for rough sex or anyone overweight. This is the number for average, normal weight people. If you wanted to add this into the MFP database, you could simply use the average person (based on weight) and would put 1.6667 calories burned per minute (if you're a man) and 1.15 calories burned per minute for women. The more intense sexual workout, the more calories you will burn, obviously. Therefore, a sexual work out can burn as many calories as walking at 3 miles per hour to jogging at 5 miles per hour.

The average encounter is 25 minutes? Geez, i feel so inadequate. My attention span is waay too short!

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Yeah, but how many people keep up that intense bit for an hour? Or even 10 minutes? This is where the myth that sex burns a ton of calories comes from...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Giggity.