When will people recognise my weight loss

Options

Replies

• clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    When did you notice? Are clothes too loose now?
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You keep doing you, doesn't matter what others think or see, all that matters is YOU know that you are doing the right things!!!

29f4htj1z1je.jpg

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sashslay wrote: »
    0tqh40uigg99.jpeg

This proved to be spot-on for me.
  • umamageswary52
    umamageswary52 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How many kilos will it take for the world to see that I'm losing weight? The scale is showing yea I myself know but people are not noticing any difference. Even when I ask "did I lose weight" They reply with "No you look the same" . That's so annoying. Bruhh

So why are you asking people if you get annoyed at the answers?

Frankly, asking people just makes you look like an attention hog.

I just wanted to know if the person thinks I'm losing cause personally I don't trust scale. I have a feeling that I'm gaining
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    So you don't trust the scale but you trust people's visual perceptions, which have no basis in numbers or anything beyond how something "looks"? And, as you've seen, obviously don't match the reality that you are experiencing.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    How many kilos will it take for the world to see that I'm losing weight? The scale is showing yea I myself know but people are not noticing any difference. Even when I ask "did I lose weight" They reply with "No you look the same" . That's so annoying. Bruhh

I just wanted to know if the person thinks I'm losing cause personally I don't trust scale. I have a feeling that I'm gaining

If you don't trust the scale (which is a little unnecessary because scales are one of the oldest and most reliable pieces of technology known to humanity, but maybe yours needs new batteries?), take measurements as well. I just hit another round number (180!) and took pictures, but didn't really see that much difference from 10 lbs ago. Measuring, however, showed almost two inches off my waist and one off my hips, so I will *kitten* take it.
  • Summerpapillons
    Options
    I'm down 32 lbs and just last week is the first time anyone has said anything about it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

so check your scale?
  • mcmoff
    mcmoff Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think people notice, but don't say anything. My older friends, those that have struggled with their own weight for years said something to me at about 30 pounds loss. A few of the younger people I work with mentioned it when I was at 40 lbs gone. But I can tell if someone notices by the look I get - I can see it in their eyes - that started to happen when I had lost about 25 lbs.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    mcmoff wrote: »
    I think people notice, but don't say anything. My older friends, those that have struggled with their own weight for years said something to me at about 30 pounds loss. A few of the younger people I work with mentioned it when I was at 40 lbs gone. But I can tell if someone notices by the look I get - I can see it in their eyes - that started to happen when I had lost about 25 lbs.

This has been my experience. When I'd lost about 12 kilos (about half my goal), a colleague asked very cautiously if I'd been losing weight, was it on purpose, etc. Sometimes people don't like to say anything because they REALLY don't want to be wrong (either about weight loss/gain or about the reason why), many people won't notice what happens slowly right in front of them, all the things other posters have said in this.

It could also be that whomever you're asking is just taking the mickey or is a genuinely unobservant person (an ex-colleague of mine didn't notice when I was 6 months pregnant. Seriously. I had never known how oblivious he was until that moment.) Go with the impartial judge (your scale, measurements), tally up your NSVs (are the steps easier to take? Do your jeans fit a little bit better?) and trust yourself. You can absolutely do this, whether anyone sees it or not. You are doing this.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    In addition to what everyone else has said, it depends on how you carry your weight. If you are one of those people who "carries her weight well," it will take longer to see a difference. If you are like me and any extra donuts go straight to your waistline, the difference will be apparent sooner. I dropped 30 pounds and went down 5 dress sizes. I was getting comments before I was even 10 pounds down!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options

In that case, I would suggest also taking measurements--you might see movement in your weight and/or the scale, and if both are moving in the right direction you know you are on track.

And if you still need outside validation--select a single confidant--someone you know you can be brutally honest with, and who will be brutally honest with you (best friend, sister, husband...) and talk about it.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I lost fifty before anyone noticed. You really need to not care about that and care about how YOU feel and look to yourself.