How much weight could I possibly gain if...

2»

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    lozzah8791 wrote: »
    So if I was to have 1 or 2 big cheat days a week it wouldn't make me gain weight?

If you're attempting to gain weight, I wouldn't refer to them as "cheat days".
    Log your food and eat more than you burn. Consistently.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I'm female 5'10, 18 years old, I weigh 9stone8 pounds. If I over eat for 3 or 4 days for example 3000 calories each day, how much weight could I possibly gain?

3000 calories over your maintenance calorie level?
    I believe to gain 1 lb it is about 3,500 calories surplus so you might gain 2-4 lbs that week.

If you are eating only 3,000 calories total for 3-4 days and at maintenance level the other days and are sedentary you may gain .5 to 1 lb that week.

Are you trying to gain weight?

Yeah I'd like to gain about a stone

so you want to be thinking in terms of a small surplus for 28 weeks, with a good lifting programme, not just eating loads a couple of days a week.

So if I was to have 1 or 2 big cheat days a week it wouldn't make me gain weight?

Not really...except for some temporary water and waste. I'm in maintenance and typically eat over on the weekends and I continue to maintain except for like Monday and Tuesday mornings when the scale shows the water and more inherent wast in my system.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    OP.. do you see how many times consistently has been used here? I hope that sinks in for you. That will be the key to your success.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Figure out your maintenance calories. Add extra calories to that to gain weight.
    If you want to gain .5 lb a week eat 250 calories over your maintenance calories every day, for 1 lb it would be 500 over, 2 lbs would be 1,000 calories over daily. That is more manageable than trying to eat a lot just a couple of days a week.
    Consume calorie dense foods and drinks. Get enough protein.
    Drink 2-3 glasses of whole milk a day.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1