Trouble with calories

Options
I am having some trouble with what my goal for calories should be.
I am currently 175 and want to lose maybe another 10 lbs at most but want it to be body fat vs muscle. going from 203-175 was easy because I had a lot of extra weight to lose but now I am at a loss because I don't want to lose too fast.
I am staying around 2000 calories a day and am trying to carb cycle. I also do IF where I eat between 2-10 and fast for the rest of it which I've seen some nice on.
MON, WED, FRI: I do heavy lifting. Chest and tris, Back and bi's, Legs and shoulders after work,
Tuesday and Thursday I do plyometrics like kettlebell swings, burpees, box jumps, and more kettlebell work with it and I usually do it fasted in the mornings. I also am implementing short runs on the weekends now that my ankle is healed. I feel like for all of that 2000 might be too little to maintain muscle but if I eat more I seem to not lose any weight at all. Anyone been in this situation and have any advice
My end goal is to be around 10% body fat by the end of December and I am currently sitting around 18%

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    I'm 172 and 2000kcals is my resting TDEE. I guess you will continue to lose weight at that intake due to your exercise, but maybe rather slowly.

(You typically don't burn that many calories by lifting. It can also pump you up and give a temporary weight bump.)
  • curtismccall
    curtismccall Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 172 and 2000kcals is my resting TDEE. I guess you will continue to lose weight at that intake due to your exercise, but maybe rather slowly.

(You typically don't burn that many calories by lifting. It can also pump you up and give a temporary weight bump.)

That's what I was thinking. I knew it didnt burn much and i am hoping to lose it slowely so I can keep as much muscle as possible. I just didn't know if it seems like too much for the amount of calories and ill end up burning out or going catabolic
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    Only way to know is to run the experiment. :shrug: Since no one here will have your exact energy expenditure over time, the best thing for you to do is eat enough to lose 1/2 pound per week. Slow and steady at this point. Keep good records, adjust in a month based on results or lack thereof.
  • BurgerLovinBulker
    Options
    I am nearly in the same spot.....I gusstimate my BF% to be around 18-15%. I am cutting, at around 1600 cal. I am 6'4" 213lb. Our exercise is nearly the same, although I run more and lift less (unfortunetly