Options
2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    e123b123 wrote: »
    Thing 1- you need to do more sets of squats.
    Thing 2- try doing lunges.

Best of luck!

More sets of squats and then adding lunges are really not what the OP needs. A well rounded program is what she needs. Things like barbell hip thrusts, good mornings, deadlifts (all varieties), other types of squats with different rep ranges, and then on top of that adding in some upper body work to support lower body growth.

I have never heard of goodmornings.... they sound fun! I will google them.

They're not. They suck. But, they're good for you.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Good mornings are great accessory work. They are GREAT lower-back/hamstring work. But, be careful. It is very easy to hurt yourself with Good Mornings. Go very light at first and be VERY MINDFUL of form.

Lots of good info in here. Especially from that long-winded guy! LOL!
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    3 work sets of 5 at 95 lbs. twice a week is good but you also need to do some upper body work.

Do some bench pressing or pushups, overhead pressing and some lat pulldowns or pullups, and some curls for your biceps.

Also some deadlifts which will work your hamstrings and some calf raises.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    e123b123 wrote: »
    Thing 1- you need to do more sets of squats.
    Thing 2- try doing lunges.

Best of luck!

More sets of squats and then adding lunges are really not what the OP needs. A well rounded program is what she needs. Things like barbell hip thrusts, good mornings, deadlifts (all varieties), other types of squats with different rep ranges, and then on top of that adding in some upper body work to support lower body growth.

I have never heard of goodmornings.... they sound fun! I will google them.

They're not. They suck. But, they're good for you.

When you do Good Mornings form is important - you need to bend forward by sticking your butt out - practice with just the bar before you add weight - do not round your back - and yes you can go heavy after you get the form down - Eastcoast Jim
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said! It is very easy to hurt yourself - as I and others have stated - if your form is incorrect. Super easy ot hurt yourself.