What motivates you?

Options
Bearded1der
Bearded1der Posts: 88 Member
edited September 2017 in Chit-Chat
Mine started with watching American Ninja Warrior. There was a guy with Rheumatoid Arthritis who was ripping up the course... Well kittens, I have no excuse anymore.

I am 31, 325 (was, now almost 282) and have gout and Rheumatoid arthritis. I’ve had many surgeries and many pity parties (lots of eating my emotions... obviously.). I thought I’d be dead before 40... I have 4 reasons to do this and they’re 10, 7, 3 and 1. They each need me to be around more than my parents were especially when they transition into adults.. I did not have that. I’m going to make darn sure hey will. Their faces alone hold me accountable.

Sounds silly but I am also looking forward to roller coasters again... hahaha

This is the hardest I have had to work for this. I have so many meds that try to work against me. I will get there. I got this.

So what motivates and keeps you guys accountable?

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    "I will get there. I got this." ^^

Yes, you will. Yes, you do!!!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Motivates me? Life...thinking about the potential future. And why not?!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    The sight of my disgusting body in the mirror.
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My teens, my ego, and like you..I see those with crippling disabilities not being held back and striving to overcome their fate. What excuse have I when my greatest challenge is simply weight?
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Spite.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Having strong body and strong will power. I've learned to be discipline and patience through weight lifting, so it's more than having muscles. It's about being stepping out of ur comfort zone and growing physically and spiritually. Btw give some tips on having a long beard if u can.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I thought money but I made and spent a lot of that.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Being faster than the last time

Word
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Reminding myself daily that I can do this, that I am a winner and not a loser and that I have the momentum and the stamina and the willpower to succeed and I WILL MAKE IT ... and PROVING. EVERYONE. WRONG.
  • heyweightforme
    heyweightforme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 31, 325 (was, now almost 282) and have gout and Rheumatoid arthritis.

My mom has RA and it is certainly not a walk in the park. There have been days she can barely get out of bed - and the medicine just adds to the issues. I'm a complete stranger, but I'm so proud of you for coming so far and for continuing to fight for your health and for your family. :)

As for me, one of my biggest motivations right now is aerial arts (silks, trapeze, aerial hoop). It's something I would never let myself do because I always thought I was too big. Now that I finally let myself try it, I'm addicted and I'm more driven than ever to do what I have to do to climb higher and do crazier things. :smiley:
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Living to 100 and looking young as long as possible ;)
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Many things.
    1) I hurt my knee's meniscus playing college soccer, I hurt both my ankles as a kid. It was dreadful to imagine growing old and fat with these.
    2) I was 25 having the level of athleticism of an 85.
    3) I hated my body.
    4) Since I was a child I was fascinated by people able to run long distances. And by any other athlete feat really. I wanted to do the same, except I was fat.
    I think that's it :neutral:
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Since I started MFP, I would always say my wedding is my short term motivation to lose weight. It still is. But, now I have a motivation to get fit. I always thought I was strong, and mother nature just proved me wrong. I want to make sure that I am strong and healthy, so if my family needs me, I will be able to help them as best as I can.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I wanna look good naked.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Being more successful finding my hp