What vegan cookbook can't you live without?

Options
2»

Replies

• runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    saving for reference...
  • pompmen
    pompmen Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    zingeber wrote: »
    So I finally bought a copy of Vegan with a Vengeance. @janejellyroll, thank you so much for the suggestion! I am so excited. It's vegan cooking for people who actually like to cook and eat delicious food - and I can make the recipes for my roommates without getting complaints or eye rolls! The pad thai was a particular hit (AND I don't have to go out and buy like 10 lbs of raw cashews before cooking from the book - unlike every vegan cookbook published in the last five years...). What a wonderful book. I'm going to go poke through Amazon and see if any of these other suggestions are being sold used for pennies ;)

I'm so glad you like it! This is actually a cookbook that I cooked front-to-back, that's how much I love it.

I highly recommend the Cherry-Almond Muffins, Potato-Asparagus Soup, Tempeh Reuben, Tofu Dill Salad Sandwiches, and Jerk Seitan. Well, I recommend everything, but that's what I can think of off the top of my head.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Chicago Diner Cookbook!!

The Pasta Carbonara in there is incredible! So much tasty breakfast stuff too.