weights/cardio?

Options
Hey everyone so I've lost about 50lbs so far and am still losing, and have done so purely via cardio and eating at a deficit. Now that I have educated myself a bit I have realised that coupling weights with cardio means you are reserving your muscle mass. Since cardio means that energy can be expended via muscle breakdown rather than fat sometimes, just depends on what the body does. I should have started with weights agessss ago maybe I would be where i wanted to body fat wise now. Oh well I am going to start with weights now. Only thing is I have no idea where to start. I am 20, female and have neverrrrr even lifted ever! what are some simple exercises to start with and which weights to use? Thank you to anyone who helps! :)

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    There are plenty of ways to strength train. What sort of thing are you interested in?

There's everything from Fitness Blender videos on youtube, to Jillian Michaels videos, to a thread in the body building section here with links for everything from body weight routines to dumbbell routines to advanced barbell routines.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • Xx_Christie_xX
    Xx_Christie_xX Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you go to a gym they should be able to do you a program. The weights in my gym are quite limited - I tend to do 40 mins cardio and 20 mins weights and core - but I tend to look online for ideas, I used to also do body pump at my gym which is a weights class - that helped with posture etc.