eBooks or traditional?

Options
2»

Replies

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I prefer paper. I romanticize books for sure, some are memories I want to keep forever. I'm aware I can do this with e-books too but it just isn't the same for me.

However, I am also a person who hates clutter so I keep all my favourites on a shelf and others will remain an e-book forever.
  • Creativityfailure
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I really love the idea of using an eReader to read, and then if you love a book, buy it to put on your shelf. It's a neat idea to avoid clutter.

This is what I use libraries for. I borrow the book from the library, and then decide if I want to buy it. I'm also a real book person. I just like the feeling of turning the pages and such, and yes, I like the smell of new books. Not the library's books though...
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    most of the time ebooks. For books that have significant non-text content, though, paper.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have both, but I definitely prefer the smell and feel of a traditional book. There's just something magical about that old book smell. :)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I prefer paper. I romanticize books for sure, some are memories I want to keep forever. I'm aware I can do this with e-books too but it just isn't the same for me.

However, I am also a person who hates clutter so I keep all my favourites on a shelf and others will remain an e-book forever.

:love:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I prefer real books. I used to hoard them (not seriously...just like 2 giant bookcases full) but now I'd rather check out books from the library, and if I do buy a book I donate it to charity or pass on to a friend.