Measuring food

Options
How can I motivated myself to measure and weigh my food?

Replies

• KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I set time aside to measure out my meals on the weekend for the work week. Once you do it enough, it becomes a habit. The only way to know exactly how many calories you're having is to weigh it.
  • timechanging
    timechanging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    I set time aside to measure out my meals on the weekend for the work week. Once you do it enough, it becomes a habit. The only way to know exactly how many calories you're having is to weigh it.

Thank you.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I keep a food scale in my kitchen. Food doesn't hit my mouth until it's been weighed. A lot of repeat foods do not have to be weighed again. I used recipe builder when batch cooking.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    You don't need motivation. You need to build a habit. Put the scale in the middle of your kitchen counter so you'll see it. Make some sort of method to keep track of your streak. How many meals in a row can you weigh your food? If you miss a meal, you start over from zero.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Measuring and weighing was a real eye opener for me. I was significantly underestimating portion sizes and calories before doing this. Now it's a habit for me. I love the precision.
  • timechanging
    timechanging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    How can I motivated myself to measure and weigh my food?

Thanks to all for your help
  • mosedl
    mosedl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60# weighing my food. I've gained back 15 after a knee surgery. Down 15. Weighing & counting my calories. 2# to go.