Avocado's

Options
13»

Replies

• madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Avocado Chocolate Mousse. Best. Thing. Ever.
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    lannie1303 wrote: »
    Sorry thought I could write before I posted photos - 2 dishes I've done recently with avocado. Sourdough toast with mashed avocado, bacon medallions and poached egg for brunch and a watermelon, feta & avocado salad for dinner yum yum yum

Watermelon, avo and feta is one of my fave salads. I also add diced red onion and fresh basil from my garden. Yum.

As a California girl, I cannot live without my avocados. Love, love them. Ditch the mayonnaise and use soft avocado to mix up with a hardboiled egg or with tuna.

You can also use avocado in desserts. I made a vegan chocolate mousse before and have added to smoothies. Very versatile!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal right now is bacon, salmon and avocado salad with strawberries and almonds. Lime juice as the dressing. It's decadent and when measured on the food scale, fits within my calorie intake. Sometimes I force it to fit because I love it so much.

I love avocados so much.
  • RaccoonDragon
    RaccoonDragon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you have enough sodium to give, I just like cutting them in half and pouring a little soy sauce in the cavities that are left over when you remove the pit and eating them with a spoon.
  • markgriffiths11
    Options
    I stick half an avocado in my stirfries. So good and full of healthy fats/vitamins/fibre etc
  • Marvelous3000
    Marvelous3000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like it as a cheese substitute on sandwiches and stuff.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    avocados what?

Sorry, apostrophes used for pluralization are a pet peeve of mine. It's right up there with people who use the word irregardless. I realize that it probably comes from autocorrect but still...
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If you have enough sodium to give, I just like cutting them in half and pouring a little soy sauce in the cavities that are left over when you remove the pit and eating them with a spoon.

I used to do that with mushrooms as a teen. I miss unlimited sodium.
  • mrsbarnett1012
    mrsbarnett1012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They're great just about any way you can imagine!

By themselves with some salt and pepper, with eggs and bacon, on top of tacos, fajitas, soup, salads, sandwiches, burgers....
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mashed on an everything bagel :yum:
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffins, sliced ham, avocado, poached eggs and hot sauce
    fc9f4gmsrju3.jpg