HRM....Chest strap or watch?

Options
2»

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have the H7 which is bluetooth and I love it! Downside is that now that I am swimming I cannot use it. Oh well, I can always steal the wifes.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Ft4 and love it. MFP was over calculating all of my worksouts by 400-600 calories! That's a huge difference!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love my polar ... chest strap with watch for read out. I'm not sure my model, but I've had it for about 3 years and it works great. I paid about $65 for mine. It was a special at the gym I was a member of at the time. I think retail was about $100.
  • Chasem1984
    Chasem1984 Posts: 10
    Options
    Go with the watch and chest strap combo for sure.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You need the chest strap if you want it to be remotely accurate.
  • Gismos
    Gismos Posts: 15
    Options
    The funny thing is that I made the exact same decision today and was going to post the exact same question... but I didn't want to seem dumb. XD

I did some looking on amazon, and there were some models between $30 and $40. For all you pros, will those work just fine? I certainly can't afford much more...

I used an Omron HR-100C and it worked for me (~$30 on Amazon). It is pretty basic but had alarms for too high and too low of a HR. It doesn't calculate calories burned but I just wanted to make sure I didn't die while doing Insanity. It is still working about a year later so I got my money worth.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Definitely get one that has a watch and a chest strap. I use a polar ft4 and you can get them for pretty decent prices!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Ft60 with a chest strap for normal activities and a water proof strap for swimming. I love mine more than I can say!
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    What everyone else said lol

I have a Polar FT4 (?) with a watch and chest strap...come to find out, I was burning LESS than what MFP said I was doing a certain exercise. Well, I couldn't find what I was doing on MFP so I tried to look for the closest thing....so I am glad I invested in it. It costs me about $65 on amazon.com and because I spent over $25, shipping as free
  • rhapsodygirl
    Options
    I have a Polar7 and I LOVE it! The chest strap is very comfortable. I highly recommend it.