Lost 2st 10lbs but clothes don't feel any different

Hey guys!

I'm sure you get this a lot but I've now lost 2 stone and 10lbs and I'm down to 18st 10lbs. I'm really happy with that progress and I know I've got a long way to go reach my goal!

One thing I've noticed is that all my clothes still feel very similar to when I was at my starting weight. Is this normal or could it be because I'm still quite heavy?

Replies

• GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Headmistress is correct. If you are up in the xl or xxl (or more) you will see the scale drop faster than a size M person but your clothes sizes may not seem to be going down because of the wider range the higher sizes can fit.

Example: Size xxl is 22-26. But a size M is 8-9 sometimes 8-10. MUCH wider range for the xxl! So you won't see it until you can fit the xl (18-22).

You should start noticing snug shirts loosening around your hips though. Or a notch in your belt or bra may go down one. Keep going. You ARE losing inches if you are dropping pounds(stones).
  • Mannojunior
    Mannojunior Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for that! Yes I've definitely noticed my belt being able to be done at least two notches up from where it used too!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    What they said above.
    Also, keep in mind that you're likely losing from more areas than just your waist.
    The smaller you get, the more noticeable each loss will become.

38 pounds is great progress! Keep up the good work!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Congrats on the great start! Losing 38 pounds and not noticing it much would not be unusual for stretchy clothes, but I do think it's somewhat unusual if you're talking about jeans.

But, like you said, you're 262 pounds so that could be it. How tall are you and what's your goal weight?
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    I lost 25 kg and 2 dress sizes. I still have to lose another 10kg. However, you have not mentioned about the ki d of exercise you do. For me personally, my clothes started getting loose after I started strength training
  • Mannojunior
    Mannojunior Posts: 9 Member
    Hey guys thanks for the replies!

I'm am 5ft 10 and male.

My goal weight is to get to 12 stone - so I've still got a long way to go but it's a start!

My exercise over the summer is mainly cardio because I play a lot of cricket. I will have cricket training 2 times a week. I will have matches 2 times a week and then the rest of the days I spend on my feet coaching sport for around 6/7 hours a day. So I'm fairly active but it's not intense activity.

Yes I was talking about my shirts mainly, but Luke I said I've definitely seen a difference in how many notches I need to do up in my belt!
  • brttanybby
    brttanybby Posts: 115 Member
    Ive lost 40 lbs now and I just now can see a difference in my clothes. My tight shirts finally have more room. I could probably go down a pant size but the fear of it not fitting still has kept me from trying.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I started a similar weight and have lost a similar amount. Some of my clothes are feeling a little looser and my underwear is certainly more comfortable but it doesn't feel like a huge change just yet.

I try to stick with paying attention to how I feel different physically, as that makes me feel better than the occasions where I wish I could just drop a clothes size already.