Any Vegetarians/Vegans that get adequate amounts of protein?

Options
Hi!

I've played with being vegetarian for years, but never committed longer than a month or two. Right now I'm just trying to limit my animal products and meat and work on finding healthy substitutions.

So if you have an open diary, and you eat healthy with adequate protein, I'd love to have you as a friend so I can sneak peeks at what you are eating.

Thanks!

Replies

• jessicoria
    jessicoria Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist set my target calories at 2000 but you are more than welcome to look at my diary for the past week. I'm just getting back into the swing of things but I've been a veg for 20 years!
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    @jessicoria Awesome thanks. I've sent you a friend request!
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Wow, so I guess no vegetarians on here are meeting their protein goals.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Why would you assume that? I've been vegan for ten years and I meet my protein goals. The thing is, it's also a holiday weekend (in the US), so lots of people are probably online less than normal.
  • esmerelda9479
    esmerelda9479 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm lacto-ovo vegetarian. I eat ricotta, cottage cheese, yogurt and drink cows milk some days. I don't quite meet mfp protein goals as I exercise and don't eat back my calories. Vegetarians who still eat eggs, tempeh, nut butter, tofu, nuts,beans and cheese as well as a whey or protein shake should have no problem hitting their goals. Sometimes vegetarians need to supplement certain vitamins.
  • mylcrealtor
    mylcrealtor Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am not an animal meat eater by nature but love certain fish, Salmon especially. I just ordered "The Plant Parodox" by Dr Steven R Gundry (recommended by my brother in law). He has some great info and suggestions on getting your protein from plants, such as avocado ~ and also recommends protein products like Quorn meatless protein products. I just made his breakfast muffins and they are really good (my husband thinks they are terrible!) Dr Gundry has several videos on You Tube ~ I ordered the book on Amazon and will check out the library tomorrow to get me started while waiting for it to arrive,
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

You posted on a holiday weekend, and you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum, which is mostly for newbies. There are a ton of threads about protein rich foods in the Food & Nutrition forum.