Starting again after an emotional journey-PCOS

Options
MarieTrees23
MarieTrees23 Posts: 35 Member
edited September 2017 in Getting Started
I had originally started losing weight in July 2016 at 230lbs. Here's my story as short as possible.

When I started losing weight it was for reasons relating to the depression that came with being overweight and for PCOS. I had not had a period in 5 years (25 y/o right now). I didn't think having a child was possible for me.

At 190lbs I had my first period. Then, like clockwork, for 5 months straight I had my period. It was unbelievable. At 156lbs and at 74lbs lost, I found out I was pregnant (after only 5 cycles). I placed my weightloss journey on hold to focus on my growing son.

At 18 weeks pregnant, we lost our baby due to complications (unrelated to PCOS). I gave birth to my son on Father's Day. It was a 3 day labor and the most emotionally and physically exhausting experience I've ever gone through.

Going through losing a child changes you. It is heart wrenching. It's something I don't think you ever recover from but learn to live with. Steadily I've been gaining from emotional eating and honestly not caring about my weight or health.

I've decided to put a stop to it. I never want to be where I was before- where I no longer have a period, where I hate myself for being overweight, where I constantly worry about how people view me. So, I'm writing here to hold myself accountable to become the healthiest version of myself I can be so that one day, I can have a baby.

At the beginning of this week I weighed 189lbs. My end goal will be around 130lbs, maybe less if I decide that is best (5'0 ft tall). But for now, I will take this one day at a time.

Replies

• astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss @MarieTrees23 , that is really heartbreaking. You have a lot of courage taking control of your life, I believe that you can do what you set you mind to.
  • MarieTrees23
    MarieTrees23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you @astroamy. It's been rough and we are just starting the journey of healing.

I appreciate the kind words and support so much.
  • novalee1980
    novalee1980 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So Sorry for your loss :( I'm 5'0 tall as well, my goal is to lose 25-30 lbs. My highest weight was 189. I was able to get down to 99 pounds in 7 months. I have gained quite a bit back over the last 7 years (current weight is 154lbs). Add me if you like :)