Family get-togethers

I just spent the weekend at a family get-together where there was absolutely NO healthy food. Eg. biscuits and gravy for breakfast, chili cheese dogs for lunch, chips, sour cream dips, cupcakes, pizza..... etc. I took a healthy cereal and coconut milk for breakfasts. I know I could have taken my entire meals for the weekend, but I just didn't think it would be so bad. I really blew it, including cocktails.
If I am at home, or even eating out, I am in control.
Guess I wimped out. Just didn't want to hear disparaging remarks re my "radical eating habits".

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Who cares what other people say. This is all about You and Your goals. It takes dedication, determination, and tenacity.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    You just got started this month on the site. Give yourself a break. You know what you did and why now its a new day (and a new week) so move on and don't look back :flowerforyou: If I can help you along the way, feel free to add me
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    I know what you mean, I barely started on my journey and I have a baptism coming up and I already know it's going to be pretty impossible to stay under my goal, but don't be so hard on yourself! Try your best and if anything you can count it as a cheat day. I'm going to be trying my best but with all the delicious Mexican food surrounding it's going to be pretty hard. :sad:
  • You are absolutely correct. I will be prepared next time.
  • OOps, replied to the wrong post. However, it sounds like you are at least more realistic than I was. LOL Just be sure you have the food YOU should eat. For me it wasn't an issue of temptation, I was just completely unprepared with an alternative. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • I was totally unprepared. Totally my fault. Obviously, I wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer on this trip. It won't happen again, that's for sure.
  • Thank you so much for the encouragement. Not only have I just started on the site, I just started my 87 pound weight loss journey. I have already lost 4 pounds and 8 1/2 inches in 2 1/2 weeks. I have more energy, and am sleeping better, etc. This is important to me not just for the weight loss, but for my general health also.
    I'm not going back.

What do you mean "add you"?
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Thank you so much for the encouragement. Not only have I just started on the site, I just started my 87 pound weight loss journey. I have already lost 4 pounds and 8 1/2 inches in 2 1/2 weeks. I have more energy, and am sleeping better, etc. This is important to me not just for the weight loss, but for my general health also.
    I'm not going back.

What do you mean "add you"?

Think of that week or situations that pop up unexpectedly as lessons to learn from. My family doesn't eat healthily either, esp. at get-togethers (and usually people are making or bringing their specialities then). I plan for it now. If something's coming up next week, then I eat a bit less or work off some more so I can treat myself then. Even before I go I'll try to eat something healthy and drink water so I don't go all out. You just gotta develop skills/contingencies/plans/habits for things.

As for the add thing, you can add someone as a friend by clicking on their name, write a little message, and send the request. Helps with motivation (giving and taking) and getting new ideas, answers, etc.

Feel free to add me.