My McDonald's Habit

Options
spyro88
spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
So I've just been reflecting in my blog about my love-hate relationship with McDonald's food

(Click here to read)

I was wondering if anyone else has a love-hate relationship with a particular food, an eating habit that they wish they could kick, but have always struggled with? Or has anybody managed to succeed in cutting out/ reducing a food that they used to crave but have decided they don't want to eat anymore? I'd be interested to know!

Replies

• spyro88
    Options
    I just realised I had my blog set to private! D'oh! It's changed now :)

Thanks for the comment kommodevaran. They are really good tips / mottos. Glad it's working for you. I hope I can get there too!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have read your blog post now, and I like it! Growing up (and I'm still "growing", at 47) comes with some tradeoffs, I must be more responsible, but I can also choose more freely - being completely rational all the time, is just not realistic, or even necessary - I need to use both my heart and my head when I make decisions. I can't return to childhood, but I don't have to forget it, either. Childhood memories are deeply rooted in emotions, most of us have things we miss and other things we're happy to see gone. We can, and do, create new traditions all the time. If you are a parent, or when/if you become a parent, you get the chance to help your children build habits that are both happy and healthy. Or you can just make them for yourself.
  • spyro88
    Options
    Thank you for the words, you are totally right :)
  • potatoyeti
    potatoyeti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My poison is Wendy's and more specifically the spicy Asiago club ranch with a large fries and ice tea. It's been about 3 weeks since have had one and all I can say is I crave one every time I pass a Wendy's
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    potatoyeti wrote: »
    My poison is Wendy's and more specifically the spicy Asiago club ranch with a large fries and ice tea. It's been about 3 weeks since have had one and all I can say is I crave one every time I pass a Wendy's

I only crave Wendy's when they have the Sriracha special items on the menu. The Sriracha bun is....drool
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My weakness is a beef and cheddar from Arby's. It's only around 450 calories, so it's doable to work it into my calories now and then. I used to eat the half pound variety with a side of mozzarella sticks, which are 440 calories by themselves. Now I just stick with the classic size sandwich and far less often.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    potatoyeti wrote: »

<3 I get mine with a spicy filet.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Danimri84 wrote: »
    My weakness is a beef and cheddar from Arby's. It's only around 450 calories, so it's doable to work it into my calories now and then. I used to eat the half pound variety with a side of mozzarella sticks, which are 440 calories by themselves. Now I just stick with the classic size sandwich and far less often.

Love beef and cheddar from Arbys! I still gotta get the mozzarella sticks occasionally though but I'll only eat one or two
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Oh sure, I've changed my diet a lot over the years. When I was younger I ate fast food quite a bit. Now I rarely (as in maybe once every 2-3 years) eat it. There are other things too. I like to stick to mostly healthy foods.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ugh, now I want some fast food for lunch. McDs? Taco Bell? Sonic? Decisions, decisions...
  • rlarkin591
    rlarkin591 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love McDonalds. Now, I go with a chicken snack wrap (or two) or a side salad (lite on the dressing). Their fruit and yogurt parfait is a nice dessert that wont sock you with too many calories. Miss my double quarter pounder but the snack wraps are good. The best are the ones that have the chipotle sauce but our local one only sells ranch. Tried multiple times to get it without the sauce and they have finally got it down. Also, egg mcmuffin not too bad on breakfast side (NO hash browns :neutral: )
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Ugh, now I want some fast food for lunch. McDs? Taco Bell? Sonic? Decisions, decisions...

since I started dieting Taco Bell has actually turned out to be the safest bet. The power menu items are good, and you can get anything "fresco style" where they swap out cheese and sour cream for pico and guac. The steak power burrito fresco style has 30G of protein and <400 calories, and is super filling.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like me some Arby's and Wendy's. Mcdonalds doesn't taste good to me at all. :neutral:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have zero passion for fast food...I pretty much only eat it when I'm road tripping and I've never really understood how anyone just loves it...

But I do have a passion for really good pizza and fish 'n chips and other pub grub. I have no desire to never eat pizza or pub grub...I just don't eat it all of the time. We get pizza once every couple of weeks or so from our favorite local pizzeria...pub grub is my often my indulgence after spending 3-4 hours in the climbing gym because Two Fools Tavern is just down the road and it's all kinds of awesomeness...
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I really, REALLY miss the spicy chicken breakfast biscuit from Chik Fil A. *sigh*
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I eat fast food at least 3 times a week. I just work it into my calories.

^This. I eat fast food a lot, and I have learned what are my go-to items on the menu for different calorie amounts remaining. I love Wendy's and Taco Bell.