Gain muscle

Options
Just started doing weights.

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Cool! One of the things to keep in mind - no matter what program you are following - is to feed the machine. You will need to increase your caloric intake to accommodate your new training program.

If I might ask, how often are you training? For how long? Meaning, per session? And, what program - if any - are you following?
  • fanydelrio8067
    fanydelrio8067 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well one day I do insanity for my cardio 59 min and the next day weights for like 50 min
  • fanydelrio8067
    Options
    And yes I been eating more
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If you are doing Insanity while bulking you may have a hard time keeping up with your surplus as well as potential issues with recovery. I would make weight lifting your priority. Are you following a program? I would recommend it for optimal results.
  • fanydelrio8067
    Options
    Thanks I was just doing insanity and weights. How many days should I do weights during the week??
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If you are following a program, it will indicate how often to do it as well as sets and reps
  • fanydelrio8067
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Usually, when one has the explicit goal of gaining weight one will focus on eating and training with little emphasis on cardio. Cardio is a tool used in specific situations. Bulking is not usually one of the situations in which cardio is used.

Does that make sense?