I never get a good workout at the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    The "burn" could be nothing more than the fact at home you likely give minimal rest between sets, and at the gym you are forced to wait a tad longer.

So usually that means you could increase weight if there is more rest. That will make it more difficult.

If you want to really feel the burn, you can do really light weights and just hold your breath during a 30 sec rest between sets.

Does that make it better?
    Not at all.

And be aware that many going to gym first time think people are looking at them that rarely are really focusing - they are in their own mind thoughts and have to look somewhere. They aren't looking at you.

Now - you spend 5 min trying to figure out a machine setup and leave sweat on the equipment and bang it around - ya, might get some looks.

What machines are hogged, just curious what seems to be popular for use?
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I felt this way when I joined my current gym. I had worked out at home, but felt I needed to join a gym to progress. I joined a small gym where everyone knew each other, very cliquish, almost quit after the first month because I didn't feel I was getting anything out of it, but kept going, slowly I got to know the people, they welcomed me to work in with them, worked with me on my form and even convinced me to get into powerlifting. It's been more than 2 years and 3 powerlifting meets and other than my bed, it is my favorite place to be.