New to Keto

Options
Hello All,

My name is Katie and I am 27. I am 5 days into the keto diet and I am looking to lose 10-15 pounds. I have heard multiple times that the last 10 pounds are the hardest. I would love to find other keto friends so I can feel inspired and be able to ask questions.

Please feel free to add me. Thank you!

Replies

• k1ngy81
    k1ngy81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to keto too and struggling to get the carbs low enough. Any advice or tips you can share would be much appreciated :)
  • BeatlesGirl20
    BeatlesGirl20 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It was really hard at first trying to cut carbs. I was like "holy crap there is no way I will be able to eat uner 30 carbs a day" but here I am eating uner 25 with ease. Mainly I eat eggs for breakfast with avocado (the most carbs I have all at once). I have a huge salad for lunch with olive oil and herb dressing and save my protien for dinner. I still eat veggies but mostly tomatoes, green beans, cucumber, and leafy greens. I have not had any fruit at all. ☹️

After the first 5 days I have not had any cravings AT ALL. I will say fat bombs are AMAZING! I am super sensitive to sweet now so the ones I made (bullet proof coffee bombs) tasted like dessert.

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to you both. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group herein MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Lots of good info in the launch pad and sticky note area of this group too!