1000kcals how much will I loose?

Options
Today was a fab exercise day for me as I burned over 1000 kcal. I have ate over 1300 kcal with my daily goal on mfp being 1880 kcals a day. I weigh 312.2lbs. I understand I have under eaten so far however do feel satisfied and not hungry, along with bad news. Tomorrow I will eat more.

My question is what is likely to happen if I burn 1000 kcal a day and eat at least 2000kcal. Will I loose per day or will it still be around 2lbs a week?

Thanks

Replies

• ultimateyou
    ultimateyou Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Please note this is the first time I have burned so much kcalories :blush:
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    You should be eating back some of your exercise calories. If your deficit is too large, you're going to lose muscle, too. Weight loss isn't linear. I weigh myself every day and sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down. For me, the only time that 'counts' is Sunday morning right after getting up and using the washroom. Everything else is just giving me a ballpark idea of how I'm doing.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What form of exercise are you doing and how are you tracking your burn?
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I second the question of how you track your burn. I am around the same calorie allowance myself so I can say you'll lose at a nice pace, but I've always been very cautious along the road with calorie burn estimation. Good freaking workout either way!
  • ultimateyou
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    What form of exercise are you doing and how are you tracking your burn?

I'm used the app 8fit today and that told me the amount of time I did, excersizes and kcals burned. They are high impact workouts.
  • ultimateyou
    Options
    8fit exercises - completed 74 mins.
    Tabata - 245kcal (Full body) - Dips / Skull Crushers / Good Mornings / Leg Circles
    Reps - 847kcal (Full body) - Standing Knee Raises / Beach Scissors / Shoulder Pulses Down / Calf Raises
    Time Interval - 515kcal (Lower body, upper body) - Squats / Bent over lateral raises / Good Mornings
    Tabata - 245kcal (Full body) - Lower back curl / Beach Scissors / Side Lunges / Squat to chair
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Today was a fab exercise day for me as I burned over 1000 kcal. I have ate over 1300 kcal with my daily goal on mfp being 1880 kcals a day. I weigh 312.2lbs. I understand I have under eaten so far however do feel satisfied and not hungry, along with bad news. Tomorrow I will eat more.

My question is what is likely to happen if I burn 1000 kcal a day and eat at least 2000kcal. Will I loose per day or will it still be around 2lbs a week?

Thanks

Thanks

you are supposed to eat what MFP gives you without exercise calories. and then eat back at least half if not more of your exercise calories if you eat 2000 and burn 1000 you are netting 1000 calories which is too little especially at your weight, you could probably eat 3000 and burn 1000 to get to 2000. if may be enough or it still may be too big of a deficit only time will tell. but you dont need to eat so little calories and you really dont need to burn that many if you dont want to. weight loss is about calories in vs calories out.

weight loss is 100% diet, exercise is for health,to maintain lean mass(with enough protein),etc. you will lose too much lean mass the faster you lose weight due to a bigger deficit. you also dont want to lose weight daily. you need to look at most 2lbs a week, but you may lose a little more due to being your weight(Im not bashing you in anyway so please dont take it that way). as you lose more you will have to lower your calories,the less you eat now means that you wont have anywhere else to go, 1200 net is the least a woman should be eating and thats usually for women who are very short,sedentary or elderly or a combo of the 3.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Tabata - 245kcal (Full body) - Dips / Skull Crushers / Good Mornings / Leg Circles
    Reps - 847kcal (Full body) - Standing Knee Raises / Beach Scissors / Shoulder Pulses Down / Calf Raises
    Time Interval - 515kcal (Lower body, upper body) - Squats / Bent over lateral raises / Good Mornings
    Tabata - 245kcal (Full body) - Lower back curl / Beach Scissors / Side Lunges / Squat to chair

That doesn't sound like true tabata. When you do true tabata you should feel like you're about to die! You can't sustain it for more than a few rounds.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    naomi8888 wrote: »

That doesn't sound like true tabata. When you do true tabata you should feel like you're about to die! You can't sustain it for more than a few rounds.

No, it's not true tabata, it's the trendy version. Having done said trendy version as part of a bootcamp (or, as I called it, slipper camp) last year, I can assure you that it is nigh on impossible to do squats, lunges, etc with good form at the rate that would be required for true tabata!

Nevertheless, great workout, OP! I doubt it burnt 1000 cals though sorry :\
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oh, and to answer your question, OP, if you did actually burn 1000 cals a day and ate 2000, you would be under eating, and likely burn out pretty quick. Eat the 1880 cals MFP recommended for you, plus half your exercise calories (half, because the burns reported by apps and machines are often overinflated, as I strongly suspect is the case with that 1000 cals of yours). I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you set MFP for a 2 lb per week weight loss. At your current weight, that is fine. Push it any higher and you will likely lose a lot more lean body mass along with fat than you would if you stick to a more sensible deficit.

As to when any loses will show on the scale, weight loss is not linear. You're looking for an overall downward trend. You may not see a loss every day, or even every week, but if you look at it over the course of a month it should be in the ballpark of your 2 lb per week.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    naomi8888 wrote: »

No, it's not true tabata, it's the trendy version. Having done said trendy version as part of a bootcamp (or, as I called it, slipper camp) last year, I can assure you that it is nigh on impossible to do squats, lunges, etc with good form at the rate that would be required for true tabata!

Nevertheless, great workout, OP! I doubt it burnt 1000 cals though sorry :\

I do trendy tabata in the water and burn about 250 calories in an hour (230 lb currently). The only way I can get my workouts to go over 1000 calories is to add in 90 minutes of lap swimming. 2-1/2 hours of combined water exercise and lap swimming puts me at about 1150 calories burned.