Replies

• sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mio
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    all good ideas. thank you. just curious with the lemon and lime suggestions...wouldn't the citric acid be bad for your teeth, or is it in such a diluted amount it wouldn't matter?

Yes, I mean choke water down. i don't like it because it isn't tasty in and of itself...so in order to consume it...it needs to have a nice taste.

You can reduce the amount of damage to your enamel by drinking it through a straw.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend adds flavored balsamic vinegars to his. We found this place called Outrageous Oils that has every flavor of balsamic you can imagine. We have strawberry, white peach and even dark chocolate. He adds a teaspoon or so of the fruit flavored variety to his water and loves it.
  • themanda04
    themanda04 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i personally just like purified or mineral water. i love the taste of it as is, especially cold.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    1705955-448020-spruce-tree-closeup-with-a-water-droplet.jpg
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Vodka?
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like "infused" water--the night before add mint, berries, cucumber, ginger, etc. to your water and let it soak overnight..it gives the slightly hint of flavor without all those calories.

mmmmm cucumber water is awesome
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Vodka?

This.

Except without the water part.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Water isn't exciting, but after drinking it "almost" exclusively over the last 3 months... you really get used to it. I'd rather not get in the habit of having to mix crap into my water to drink it. For as much as I drink, that would likely get expensive.
  • StrivingSagittarius
    Options
    This is the ultimate first world problem and it really crushes my view of humanity to see grown adults complain about drinking water.

tumblr_mg4u3rdNd61s1ly4go1_500.gif

30421792.jpg

nervously-drinking-water.gif
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Order it on the rocks.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Stir in 2 tablespoons of water and a bunch of lemon juice. Delicious water. Just be sure to log the sugar and lemon juice.
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I slice a lime into four pieces in the morning and my goal is to use all four. I squeeze one into a 16 oz glass of ice water and then I add 1 Stevia and stir. Very refreshing. Some times I use a lemon!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    For a spruce flavor, I'd recommend gin.

You can hydrate pretty well by eating your water, too - all those juicy fruits and veggies *will* hydrate you, but it might be tough to tell how many cups of liquid you've actually consumed. If you're not thirsty, and your pee isn't dark or smelly, you probably don't need to "choke down" any extra liquids anyway.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    a blended scotch works well.

personally i would never mix a single malt.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    1705955-448020-spruce-tree-closeup-with-a-water-droplet.jpg

I like you.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend adds flavored balsamic vinegars to his. We found this place called Outrageous Oils that has every flavor of balsamic you can imagine. We have strawberry, white peach and even dark chocolate. He adds a teaspoon or so of the fruit flavored variety to his water and loves it.

Oh wow, this sounds incredible.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=203969

I have one of these... I HATE pulp, so this is my solution. I typically put lemon, cucumber & mint in mine. But anything works... Green tomatoes are good too. I don't feel the need to "let it sit" overnight or anything, I just fill, drink, refill water & fruits when needed. I fill the water a few times before changing fruit.

But water on its own is good to me... Sooooo...
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I like to add CO2 and various flavorings
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    We love our undersink water filter. Yes, we needed to have a hole drilled through the counter and the filters cost us $55 twice a year but worth every penny since our city water tastes like slightly diluted muddy swimming pool. Run thru the filter, it's great.