Serial Quiter...

Options
Morning,

I'm a great 2 week dieter and I'm sick of starting over and over.

I am looking to lose 2st and then I'll reassess my fitness levels and reset my goals.

I have just turned 37 and really want to achieve my goals before I hit the big 40. I live in the North West of the UK and am looking for motivational friends to support me with my progression.

I am going to start running again and I see a PT twice a week. I also want to add Yoga to my routine to assist with relaxation and flexibility.

Please send me a request and I'll happily accept.

Thanks,
Bex

Replies

• B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Remember, quitting won't get you there any faster.
  • jessicasmum2008
    jessicasmum2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the same. I have stopped and started so many times. Gone from calorie counting to slimming world to back calorie counting. I need to stick to it this time.

I'm also wanting to lose 2 stone. I go walking 3 times a week for 60 mins to 90 mins with a walking group. I also go on my exercise bike most nights. I'm aiming for 15k steps every day and at least 2ltrs of water.

I'm from south yorkshire UK. I will add u
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My advice is to think about why you keep quitting. What is it about your weight loss program that you find impossible to stick with? Are you being too aggressive? Are you giving up all your favorite foods and eating things you don't enjoy because you think you should?

While you won't need to eat at a deficit forever, ideally you should eat for weight control forever. Find a way of eating and getting activity that doesn't seem like a huge chore. If it's not pleasurable you aren't likely to do it for long.
  • B3xt3rC
    B3xt3rC Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    dani_1977 wrote: »
    I have several serial quitters in my life, and I'll tell you the same I have mentioned to them.
    If you are starting something super strict & extreme that leaves you starving of course you will fail. You have to set your self up for success.
    - Set up 2 week goals: Pick 2 things to focus on omitting those 2 unhealthy items from your intake (ex- french fries and soda). Then pick 2 healthy things to add (Drinking more water and logging all of your food) Just focus on that day to day for 14 days.
    - The next 2 weeks do the same thing again focusing on other items ( ex -less alcohol & less white pasta& breads) and ( ex -adding some sort of workout 2/3 times a week & more veggies)
    - Buy the end of the 4 weeks you should have something you can maintain for another 2 weeks. Focus on mastering those items
    - Be sure to not only weigh yourself in the beginning but to take pictures & measurements ( the scale will not tell the whole story)

Make sure you calorie intake is set for more than 1200, try to shoot for the 1 lb a week loss.

I love this idea, so simple but I bet it's effective, I'll give it a go, thanks!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Would love to connect as friends!!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    B3xt3rC wrote: »
    Morning,

I'm a great 2 week dieter and I'm sick of starting over and over.

I am looking to lose 2st and then I'll reassess my fitness levels and reset my goals.

I have just turned 37 and really want to achieve my goals before I hit the big 40. I live in the North West of the UK and am looking for motivational friends to support me with my progression.

I am going to start running again and I see a PT twice a week. I also want to add Yoga to my routine to assist with relaxation and flexibility.

Please send me a request and I'll happily accept.

Thanks,
    Bex

@B3xt3rC First thing is stop dieting. Decide that you want a new lifestyle. Losing weight and getting fit is not a punishment. Enjoy the foods that you like within your calorie count. Find an activity or exercise program that you enjoy. Your goals are achievable if you change the way you approach the process. I could send you a friend request if you want my support
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Add me for support
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm a serial starter, every morning, and a serial quitter, every evening.
  • nuttynetty79
    nuttynetty79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi bex,
    I was the same never could stick 2 diets and points the only thing that lost weight was my purse lol. I'm in East Anglia. I did have a friend doing it as well but she's not doing it now as she pregnant
  • scarnage
    scarnage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A diet is forever. If your diet has you feeling hungry, bored, faint, repetitive, etc then it won't last.

Learn to eat healthy balanced meals and limit (don't prohibit) those tasty treats. Know what you're eating. You can't control what you can't measure (this app has helped me A LOT).

When you hit your weight goal (and you will! Be patient! Find distractions!) gradually increase your calorie count and tasty treats intake to a healthy level. If you overdo it then cut back again and lose that weight again.

All this, of course, from experience and a little common sense (I don't believe in fads). I am not a trained professional though.
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in Scotland, happy to add anyone
  • Amry1213
    Amry1213 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    I'm in the same boat! I am good for 2-3 weeks, and then something will come up (excuses...) and I will quit...
    I am finally ready to make this a lifestyle change rather than a diet! YOU'VE GOT THIS!!! :smiley:
  • lolliebradshaw82
    Options
    You can add me for support. I am determined this time to stick to my lifestyle changes and get back to the fit and healthy woman I was before I had my 3rd baby 14 months ago x