Tall Women: How did you choose your maintenance weight.

Options
124»

Replies

• NordicLady
    NordicLady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11.5" and 166 at the moment (started in the 190s). I ate around 2000 calories during the weight loss but also worked out almost every day. I've been maintaining for a few months but ready to start again and try to (slowly) get down to 150 to see how I look. I am naturally very muscular, so 150 might be too low. It is fun to experiment, though.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have always been between 140 and 160 I like the low end of that the most. This year I hit 167 and hated how I felt. Down to 156 now and I think I’ll aim to maintain at 150. Not as much work as the lower end and my hubby will be happier with it anyway. Oh and I’m 5’10
  • xiiiiina
    xiiiiina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    5'8 gal so not the tallest but after eating around 1800-2300 for about a month I've realized that it keeps me at 129 pounds!
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Anyone else share their journey on IG? I’d love to follow other tall women on their journey, whether their bulking or losing or maintaining. My Instagram name is: [personal details removed by mods. Please share personal info via private messaging]
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm holding at 150, would like to get BACK down to 140 so that all my new expensive jeans would fit again! is get there faster if I was still exercising but the lazy bug bite me and it's been a struggle.

I saw get to 150 or whatever makes you happy. you can always go lower or back up once you're there and depending on how you feel.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm not tall (5 ft 6 so not short either!) but I firstly dropped to a weight where I was happy with my size then worked on finding the most sustainable eating style. So I no longer go through several cake bars and a tub of icecream, nor do I late night snack, but likewise I don't 'diet', deliberately cut my portions or anything else.

I choose food for being highly nutritious most of the time, try and listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full (admittedly this is hard because I've always been a person who licks their plate clean regardless of how full they are!). I still have a daily treat or two (a couple of biscuits with a cup of tea, a small cake bar with my lunch) and a meal where I indulge in a yummy but not too healthy meal and dessert on a weekend. My weight has stayed pretty constant since doing that and I can more or less eat how I want.

My biggest rule is that I shouldn't feel hungry. If I'm feeling hungry then I'm not fueling my body well. Likewise if I'm regularly feeling uncomfortably stuffed and bloated then I'm probably eating too much.

Currently 105lbs and I would like to get up to 110-112 which is closer to a healthy weight range with muscle but instead of progressing with that goal I accidentally found a way to maintain my weight instead