McDelivery

Options
13»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Well since no one delivers out here and I don't like anything at McD except the iced tea, I don't care.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jdlobb wrote: »
    I don't understand why McDonalds delivering is any more controversial than Pizza Hut. Maybe just because it's not what we're used to?

I miss living in New York where you can get anything delivered. The McDonalds in my neighborhood was doing deliver like 8 years ago.

To me, it's not WHAT is being delivered, it's HOW it's being delivered. I get that Uber is a for-profit business, but as @aeloine explained above, it doesn't seem to mesh well with Uber drivers who are rated by their passengers. It can easily cause lower ratings at no fault of the Uber drivers themselves.

Certainly, Uber has taken this into consideration. I can't imagine Uber placing their drivers, therefore their profits, at risk without putting some protections into place.

they're different services, with different drivers, that basically just happen to be run by the same company. If somebody wanted to try and do both concurrently, it would be their responsibility to do so without impacting their service and ratings. As was pointed out by @aeloine , they use different apps. There are logistical challenges with doing both at the same time.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I don't understand why McDonalds delivering is any more controversial than Pizza Hut. Maybe just because it's not what we're used to?

I miss living in New York where you can get anything delivered. The McDonalds in my neighborhood was doing deliver like 8 years ago.

To me, it's not WHAT is being delivered, it's HOW it's being delivered. I get that Uber is a for-profit business, but as @aeloine explained above, it doesn't seem to mesh well with Uber drivers who are rated by their passengers. It can easily cause lower ratings at no fault of the Uber drivers themselves.

Certainly, Uber has taken this into consideration. I can't imagine Uber placing their drivers, therefore their profits, at risk without putting some protections into place.

they're different services, with different drivers, that basically just happen to be run by the same company. If somebody wanted to try and do both concurrently, it would be their responsibility to do so without impacting their service and ratings. As was pointed out by @aeloine , they use different apps. There are logistical challenges with doing both at the same time.

Which is exactly why I can't see anyone getting bent out of shape over McDonald's being delivered or by whom. Who gives a *kitten*?

Which is exactly why I'm getting bent out of shape about TO whom :wink:
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I had McDonald's for the time in about 8 yrs 2 months ago in Denver. I was not impressed at all. The fries sucked and burger was worse. I don't care nor will I use this service.
  • aeloine
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I had McDonald's for the time in about 8 yrs 2 months ago in Denver. I was not impressed at all. The fries sucked and burger was worse. I don't care nor will I use this service.

You and I might get in trouble for the "McDonald's fries suck" comment, especially on the "best fries" thread!
  • sw33tp3a1
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

You and I might get in trouble for the "McDonald's fries suck" comment, especially on the "best fries" thread!

Haha it's okay. I'm feeling a little reckless :p
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

This is why the all day breakfast is the way to go. Breakfast burritos > burgers and hash browns > fries.
  • sw33tp3a1
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

This is why the all day breakfast is the way to go. Breakfast burritos > burgers and hash browns > fries.

See breakfast, I can do. Their hash browns are amazing. Lunch... nah. I'm good.
  • aeloine
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

See breakfast, I can do. Their hash browns are amazing. Lunch... nah. I'm good.

Oh.

I forgot about all day breakfast.
    rct0dqy0fd4i.jpg

• IamBorg
    IamBorg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So anyway taco Bell delivery?

Resurrecting for this PSA: Your Taco Bell delivery service is coming, via Lyft: Uber's younger, cuter sister.

Drivers are already planning to opt out of that impending catastrophe.