what to eat when you're not hungry?

I really should eat, but I don't feel hungry. No growl or rumble. Nothing. But my medicines will make me ill if I take them on a completely empty stomach.

So, what do you nibble when you don't want to eat?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,571 Member
    Plain toast
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I tend to eat a piece of cheese in that situation.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Cheese or a piece of toast
  • bellarosebunny
    bellarosebunny Posts: 26 Member
    I settled on some broth and noodles
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Toast or saltine crackers with a little peanut butter.
  • bellarosebunny
    @musicfan68 Mama would give me toast with peanut butter or crackers. Sadly no saltines in the house.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Spoon full of nut butter.
  • gwenparmenter
    gwenparmenter Posts: 12 Member
    Green Apple and nut butter
    Fresh veggies and hummus
    Both are light but will do the trick.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I really should eat, but I don't feel hungry. No growl or rumble. Nothing. But my medicines will make me ill if I take them on a completely empty stomach.

When you are not hungry, dont eat. Very simple. Your body is telling you when to eat and when it needs something. Listen to it. There is no need for mindless grazing.

So they should just ignore the medication directions and take it on an empty stomach, or just not take it all?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member

When you are not hungry, dont eat. Very simple. Your body is telling you when to eat and when it needs something. Listen to it. There is no need for mindless grazing.

Except for horrible side effects for taking some medications on an empty stomach!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    In your situation I'd eat whatever sounded best at the moment. For me it would be something I didn't have to cook, a few bites of leftovers or 1/2 a pbj or some goat cheese and crackers.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member

This could cause damage to your digestive system with some medications. Did you read the first post? Or just the title?

Now, in another group a woman insisted a medication that required food was causing her to gain weight because she didn't just eat a snack, but a full meal every time she took it- in addition to her other calories!!! Several of us said to either just eat a little snack, or change the timing to meal times, but nope. The medication was causing her to gain weight.... (I've taken this medication since January and have lost weight in that time.)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Banana.
  • bellarosebunny
    :D Looks like I missed a lively discussion today!

I take no offense or anything to the suggestion of not to eat. The replier simply could have overlooked that when skimming the post, so don't be too hard on them guys.

All the other suggestions are awesome! Oh the subject of medicine and food because I take about 25 pills a day, thankfully the only big ones are my runvela : a phosphorous binder, I have to eat a meal after taking them. Keep in mind, I'm also on insulin. So eating or not eating; what to eat and not to eat is a game of Russian Roulette on occasion.

Those curious labs went well. Got scolded for missing my binders but other than that all is well. Blood pressure was a bit low.

If anyone has any questions on dialysis or diabetes feel free to @ or message me.
  • Eat Fruit or some green vegetables.
    Drink a glass of milk.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,109 Member
    If I need to eat with medications I usually have a saltine cracker or two.
  • FeelingAlive
    FeelingAlive Posts: 117 Member
    Yogurt, which is a very healthy thing to eat when you are on medication that can disrupt the healthy bacteria or pH balance in your gut. I find it quite soothing as well.