Eating issues and situations sharing

Kimmy1500
Kimmy1500 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I always had some troubles with food, love hate relation. I love to cook, I know how to gives lot of taste and low calories, what will fulfill me and some tricks to make a healthier junk food when we crave it.

I don't think I am the only one with this problem, but I always were the only one among my friends and family. Sometimes, I feel the hunger, but it doesn't botter me and I got no problems waiting for food and refusing bad food in front of me. But some other times, it's like nothing matter anymore, I eat and eat and eat, even if I'm not hungry, even if I ate too much, like I had to and I can't stop.

Also, I always loved food, happy, sad, nervous or overjoyed, everything goes with food in my life, a treat for everything and a good moment with myself. I love food and it won't change, I don't want to, I would simply want to break the bad habit with it.

The trouble is, everyone always saw me as someone who would always eat too much of everythings. I always assume it, but with times, I got tired of it. I want to change my unhealthy relation with food, but I feel like nobody will ever believe I can become that person... Mostly because I got a hard time to imagine myself different. I've come to a point where I hate loving food.

Well, I don't think I can get a solution just like that, but I tried to talk about it with friends and family and, even if they are great and kind, they don't understand the struggle. On that point, I'm sure I'm not the only one. So for those with food issues, even those who were told if was nothing much, I know it can hurt or be uncomfortable inside. So just let it out!

I'm trying to lose 30 pounds, I've already lost 12 pounds in less than two month. 2/3 of this was really quick, now it slow down and I know I'll do what I always do if I try to continue alone : gain that weight again. I want to break that cycle and I want to do it with people that have those struggles but that will! It's normal to not be perfect, to not go as fast as we want, but I think the important is to not let that stop us.

I'd be happy to know your stories, the good and bad part, they are part of us and we are wonderful because we don't stop

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Everybody eats too much now and then, even more than planned. Food is connected with emotions, and that's how it's supposed to be, but you can't let emotions control what you eat. Maybe you should try to stop thinking so much about what others may or may not think about what and how much you eat, and not discuss it with people who don't understand.

I have found this forum to be extremely educational, along with numerous articles, videos and books. I'm just going to share this with you: What is Normal Eating?
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    You can definitely change your relationship with food and continue enjoying what you love :)
  • Kimmy1500
    Kimmy1500 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you