adjusting cal goals after weight loss

Options
I lost two pounds! Yay! I used the "goals" feature to update my weight but my goals didn't update automatically (same net cals). I thought cals decreased with pounds lost - how to I update? Or is it just 2 pounds is not enough to reduce the net cals?

Replies

• sangriavandal
    sangriavandal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: I used the "check in" feature to adjust my weight but the "goals" were unchanged
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Probably not enough. Most people adjust after 5-10 lbs. (I've kept where I am for the last 30 or so, but that's because with exercise, I'm usually losing more than the lb/week I've got MFP set to. When the loss slows, I'll adjust.)

You don't mention how many calories you're on. IF you're already at 1200, that's the minimum MFP will allow for women, so it won't lower it further. If you're on more than 1200, my first sentence stands.

Congrats on your loss!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    two pounds really isn't going to make a difference in your calorie requirements...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    it will auto do it after 10 lb loss, when the difference in calories is enough to warrant it.

Until then your inaccuracies in merely nutrition labels is greater.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I do mine manually after ever pound so I don't really notice the slowly diminishing calorie numbers. I've gone from 1660 a day to 1530 and don't really feel like I've cut back. I think a 50-calorie drop would be a shock to me and I would notice it. I know it's all between my ears but it's half the battle for me.