Quick Question On Carbs....

Options
What product has a high carb density?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head, grains (including grain products like pasta and bread), starchy vegetables like potatoes, and fruit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Grain-y stuff. Rice, bread, pasta, oats, cous cous...

Vegg-y stuff. Broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes...

Fruit-y stuff. Grapes, apples, strawberries, bananas...

Sugar-y stuff. Soda, candy...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why would you need high carb? It turns into sugars..... your body don't need to run off that crap
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Why would you need high carb? It turns into sugars..... your body don't need to run off that crap

Your body doesn't *need* to run off of carbohydrates, but it's perfectly capable of doing so and a higher carbohydrate diet is compatible with good health (in fact, the "blue zones" where people live longer than average have diets that feature many high carbohydrate foods).

There's no reason to avoid these foods.

And OP didn't ever say they needed high carb. They just asked what foods were. Maybe they're trying to avoid them...not that I would necessarily advocate that. Carbs = energy.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Your body doesn't *need* to run off of carbohydrates, but it's perfectly capable of doing so and a higher carbohydrate diet is compatible with good health (in fact, the "blue zones" where people live longer than average have diets that feature many high carbohydrate foods).

There's no reason to avoid these foods.

And OP didn't ever say they needed high carb. They just asked what foods were. Maybe they're trying to avoid them...not that I would necessarily advocate that.

Yeah, that's a good point. OP could just as easily be looking for a list of foods to avoid or moderate.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Where does OP even say anything about needing high-carb?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I need my carbs!, they are my fuel to burn over 1000 calories a day.