Your favorite fast food meal under 600 Calories?

Options

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I satisfy fast food cravings with a simple burger and no fries. I can come in under 600 with no mayo or cheese at Steak Shack or BK.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I satisfy fast food cravings with a simple burger and no fries. I can come in under 600 with no mayo or cheese at Steak Shack or BK.

I recently rediscovered the beauty of the basic McDonalds hamburger. So simple, so good, so cheap.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

I recently rediscovered the beauty of the basic McDonalds hamburger. So simple, so good, so cheap.

Yep - my go-to is usually two plain McD's hamburgers and a small order of fries. Luckily, I have a reasonable calorie target to work with so the 800 calories is very manageable in my total.

McD's plain hamburgers taught me that all good burgers need raw onion, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and thin barely toasty buns.
  • jdlobb
    edited September 2017
    Options
    McDonalds call it an "All-American Meal" btw if you wanna sound like you know what you're doing when you order. It's not on the menu most places. It's basically just exactly what they sold back when all they sold was one size of fries, hamburgers, and cheeseburgers.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Taco Bell power menu bowl (grilled chicken), Extra chicken, NO rice, Add lettuce and a couple packs of fire sauce: ~400 calories

While I love the power bowls also, per Taco Bell the steak and chicken bowls are 500 and 510 respectively. Only the veg power bowl is less.

https://www.tacobell.com/food/nutrition/info

Agree---but you can customize. Remove the rice and your calories change quite a bit. Use their nutrition calculator, not the stated numbers from the nutrition page.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Whataburger Jr. Double Cheeseburger. Under 500 calories, and completely yummy.

But my most frequent fast food meal is the Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. The "half" order is just right for lunch, and it's under 300 calories, I think.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Three crunchy tacos at Taco Bell are 510.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    ooh I'd forgotten about Panda Express...I get the orange chicken and mixed veggies in a bowl for under 500 calories and it totally takes care of my "Chinese food craving" instead of getting it from a real Chinese restaurant and bloating for 3 days after.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Taco Bell: 3 crunchy tacos
    McDonalds: Small plain cheeseburger (I don't care for ketchup, not leaving it off for nutritional reasons). Sometimes I get a small fry. Usually the fries are awful and I only eat like two though...not wasting my cals!
    Subway: 6 in Rotisserie chicken sub, add cheese, all veggie but banana peppers and jalapeños, no sauce (don't care for the sauces anyway so that isn't a sacrifice for me)
    Chipotle: This is one I didn't have to change at all from pre-mfp to now...I get chicken bowl, brown rice, black beans, veggies, cheese, corn salsa and mild salsa. It is 755 cals BUT I only eat half at a time, so it's only 377-ish and leaves room for a few chips.
    Arby's: Turkey and Cheese slider and potato cakes.

• JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    khenik6064 wrote: »
    Panda Express - bowl with half fried rice, half mixed veggies and string bean chicken. 400 calories and 20g of protein. I probably eat there a bit too often haha

You could really bring down the calorie content if you went with all mixed veggies for the side, but I like fried rice too much.

Bowl with all fried rice and string bean chicken: 540 calories
    Bowl with all mixed veggies and string bean chicken: 260 calories

I am glad you brought this to my attention. I drive past a Panda Express daily and have always ignored it figuring they had nothing within acceptable range.
  • jdlobb
    Options
    I just went to Sonic and got a Jr. Burger and mini tots, barely more than 400 calories together. Pretty good deal, calorie-wise
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    1) Panda Express - mixed veggies (instead of rice or chow mein), broccoli beef, and grilled teriyaki chicken with sauce on the side.

2) Flame Broiler - Works bowl. Grilled beef and chicken atop rice and veggies. 520 calories and very filling. Add in an ounce of their Magic Sauce and you're still under 600 calories.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    McDonalds call it an "All-American Meal" btw if you wanna sound like you know what you're doing when you order. It's not on the menu most places. It's basically just exactly what they sold back when all they sold was one size of fries, hamburgers, and cheeseburgers.

Interesting.

I haven't stepped foot in a fast food joint for over a year, except McD to buy a large black coffee for $1, but I may actually order something more at McD now.

Just discovered that you can order an "All American" burger with an egg (round, scrambled, folded or white). Add a large black coffee and the whole thing will only be about 320 cals and can be had for about $3.19-3.59 depending on the type of egg you want.

A cheap and low cal breakfast version of "steak & eggs." :)

For the complete McD "secret" menu, see:
    http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Jack in the Box Chicken Fajita Pita, lots of veggies and only around 300 calories
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Wendy's - small chili with a baked potato. I put the chili on the potato

I do this too but also buy with the potato and small chili the side salad with no dressing or croutons. Chili on the salad and on the potato! I'm stuffed afterwards.

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    1) Panda Express - mixed veggies (instead of rice or chow mein), broccoli beef, and grilled teriyaki chicken with sauce on the side.

2) Flame Broiler - Works bowl. Grilled beef and chicken atop rice and veggies. 520 calories and very filling. Add in an ounce of their Magic Sauce and you're still under 600 calories.

I miss Flame Broiler so much. I grew up with one right down the street from me and there isn't one out in Chicago. They have great options though and their food tastes really good.

I was never a fan but you can get a good meal at In N Out - Cheeseburger made protein style and fries.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I like the Wendy's half salad + small chili option. I can't have wheat so the chili it's a nice option for "heavier" food.
  • hereIgogo
    hereIgogo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Taco Bueno: Chicken rice bowl (350 cals) + lots of salsa or pico de gallo
    Arby's: Roast Turkey salad (230 cals) w/lite Italian (35 cals) (has BACON)
    Wendy's: Large chili (270 cals)
    Taco Bell: Spicy tostada (200 cals, $1, delish), maybe + Doritos Locos Taco Supreme (190 cals)
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I like the artisan grilled chicken sandwich with no vinaigrette, small fries and a diet coke/iced tea. I love all these options you guys are leaving on this thread! Super helpful!