I can't even... without

Options

Replies

• DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Food scale, squats and planks and push-ups and lunges, Vinyasa flow yoga, a love of fruits and vegetables. And last, but not least, Halo Top ice cream.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Fiber. Upping my fiber helped quite a bit.

Hot sauce is yummy but I ate a lot of it when I was gaining so not sure it can get credit here. Our tomato plants have stopped producing but our peppers show no signs of slowing so we are making our own hot sauce for the first time this year. I can't believe how awesome it is. I may never buy hot sauce again. :)

That sounds fabulous. What recipe are you using? I have an insane number of canned jalapenos still in stock, so this year I am letting the jalas and anchos turn red and then throwing them in the freezer to make hot sauce down the road.

Check out this site: http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/

We typically alter recipes to suite our tastes or what we have available but we've used a few of these as a base. We have both purple carrots and purple cayenne ready now so last night I altered the chili-carrot hot sauce recipe and made purple hot sauce. I also made the habanero jelly from that site last night but I'm a little afraid to taste it now. It was so hot I had to wear a mask while cooking it because it was burning my nose and mouth. LOL

This is awesome. I love growing all the hot peppers, but not so much eating them, but this should be very handy for all sorts of things. I might have to get a smoker. Thank you!

• mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Gym membership. Past attempts I tried doing exercises at home. With 3 little ones I always ended up stopping and getting frustrated. I joined a gym and found I really enjoy exercising there. It is 90 min of me time.
  • Princess2k17
    Princess2k17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your answers! I have since purchased a food scale! LOL
    Keep fighting the good fight and I wish you all the best of luck!!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Fitness tracker--Garmin Vivoactive HR.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I told people I'm eating right and losing weight. It keeps me accountable knowing people ask me how much weight I've lost.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Fitbit. Youtube videos. Portion control Tupperware, Ziploc bags, and purses big enough to carry them in.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Food scale
    Convenience foods (canned and frozen ready to eat chicken, frozen salmon burgers, frozen beef burgers, etc). I don't like to cook and having these on hand really helps keep me on track.
    My speed skates
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I told people I'm eating right and losing weight. It keeps me accountable knowing people ask me how much weight I've lost.

This. I joined a summer 12 week challenge on MFP. It really kept me accountable, and I stayed on track. Stayed on for the Fall challenge and hope to reach my goal weight during this 13 week challenge.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Food scale, HRM, and hot sauce
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My food scale, my phone, and my lunch box. I have gone from eating out every day for breakfast and lunch, to packing and bringing everything each day.
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My Polar with heart rate monitor. Most days I can eat a whole lot more bc CO. I know the heart rate is not very accurate being measured around my wrist but actively being able to see my heart rate going up really helps for me. It's a huge motivation to keep going, keep working out. I have chronic pain so I try to exercise as much as I can and having the extra calories after is such a good motivation.
  • spionen
    spionen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Caesar salads, diet cream soda, and vaping.
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Popsicles. Italian ice popsicles are 60 calories and bomb pops (red white and blue) are 40. They satisfy my sweet tooth and are not high calorie, it's a win win.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender! I live in a small village without a gym. I honestly never would have gotten into weights or doing more than walking without them <3.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Food scale and MFP.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Having a reason that doesn't fail me.
    A food scale.
    Daily intentional exercise.
  • DetectiveCookieMonster
    Options