Fossil smart watch

Hi I am a newbie to this app and really enjoying it. The app picks up my steps via my phone which isnt acurate as I dont always have it with me. I have a fossil smart watch is there a way to sync the steps from it or put them in manually? Appreciate any advice

Replies

• mdstambro
    mdstambro Posts: 1 Member
    I am looking into getting a fossil but I can’t find any info either about MFP syncing with it. Have you been able to figure it out?
  • jordanveach2016
    jordanveach2016 Posts: 8 Member
    I haven't been able to figure out the syncing and it's really irritating because it automatically syncs your steps from your iphone, so you have to subtract that in order to get the accurate amount of steps. I just usually leave my steps out and follow the calories from any actual cardio/strength training. I figure any added steps are just a bonus and will help me lose weight 'unexpectedly.'
  • Jers5
    Jers5 Posts: 1 Member
    I was able to connect my Fossil gen 4 smart watch to My Fitness Pal. You have to download the Google Fit app onto your phone (since that's what the watch uses). Then you go to MFP and go to the place where you connect apps & devices... add Google Fit. I just finished a workout and it showed up on the Google Fit app and MFP. So far, so good. Hope it works for you guys too!
  • iDad74
    iDad74 Posts: 61 Member
    My main watch is a Galaxy watch, but I just bought a Fossil gen4. I wasn't going to use it to workout with much because the battery life isn't stellar, but after reading this maybe I will.
  • ljjljj64
    ljjljj64 Posts: 1 Member
    Jer5 sorry I cant find google fit app but rather google wearable. Am I missing something
    Jers5 wrote: »
    I was able to connect my Fossil gen 4 smart watch to My Fitness Pal. You have to download the Google Fit app onto your phone (since that's what the watch uses). Then you go to MFP and go to the place where you connect apps & devices... add Google Fit. I just finished a workout and it showed up on the Google Fit app and MFP. So far, so good. Hope it works for you guys too!
    Jers5 wrote: »

• Ditsy111
    Ditsy111 Posts: 1 Member
    Google Fit doesn't seem visible when you search the apps when using the Desktop version of MFP. If you open the Android app, tap the menu top left, then select Apps & Devices you'll find Google Fit listed.
  • sjameson1025
    sjameson1025 Posts: 2 Member
    Does anyone know if you're workouts are automatically added to MFP or if they have to be added manually? I've been interested in getting the Fossil Venture, I'm using a Fitbit versa now and when I run, it adds the steps but not the exercise.
  • dobsonjessi
    dobsonjessi Posts: 1 Member
    MFP shows it's connected to the Google Fit app, and likewise the Google Fit app shows connected to MFP. However, no steps or excercise done reflects in MFP 😓 so frustrating this watch was expensive!
  • jdanstan
    jdanstan Posts: 1 Member
    People are neglecting to mention which OS they’re using and it’s creating a lot of confusion. Google fit links to MFP on Android. But not on iOS.