Starting the gym

Options
I've decided to go back to the gym.

I need to get the motivation to get there for 5am then work till 6pm :( help!

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Why did you decide to go back to the gym? That reason is probably your motivation.
    I do it the other way round though, go after work, which means being home late.
  • katieleggett_321
    katieleggett_321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've put on a stone. I find it a lot better to go in the morning. I'm less likely to make excuses not to go
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    If you want to go early in the morning (5 am), the only advice I can give you is to sleep with your gym clothes, so once you jump out of the bed you will be ready to roll. My question, though, is, why don't you workout after work? Seems more reasonable.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by food or drinks. Sounds terrible I know, but morning workout, I'm thinking about my yummy protein shake afterwards... then coffee later!!! Evening workout... I'm earning my dinner! And a glass of wine!
  • katieleggett_321
    katieleggett_321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    If you want to go early in the morning (5 am), the only advice I can give you is to sleep with your gym clothes, so once you jump out of the bed you will be ready to roll. My question, though, is, why don't you workout after work? Seems more reasonable.

If I workout after work I'll make every excuse not to go. And I like having my evenings free and prefer an early night and early start
  • buffgrl
    buffgrl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hire a Trainer, that way you'll have to go.

If you can't afford a trainer, tell everyone, and I mean EVERYONE you know that you're going to start the gym and what your goals are so that you'll have to go to save face.

In the mornings, set 2 alarms that are super annoying so you won't oversleep. Create a sign for yourself and hang it within view so it will be the first thing you see when you wake up. On the sign, write down your goal/reason for going to the gym.
  • visualizefit
    visualizefit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym is definitely healthy and helps with weight loss, but you're going to see faster results if you cut your calories, too. I go to the gym because I want to be stronger and healthier, but I count calories because I want to lose weight.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love buffgrl's ideas!!!
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    All of this boils down to passion. If you are just going to try to "lose a few pounds" unfortunately you will have much less long-term success. My advice is to change you mindset, if you are not planning and envisioning on doing for the rest of your life, and is something that you truly enjoy, it will be very difficult to stay motivated.

Think about something you dont like and if you were forced to do that every day or several times a week, you might be able to do it for a week, maybe a month, maybe even a year but if you truly dont enjoy it you will eventually find a reason not to do it. Goodluck!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Awesome decision!! You'll have a great start to your day, a fabulous jump start in the morning. You'll probably have that post-workout energy to carry you through the rest of your work day. Good on you!
  • imlightning
    imlightning Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Me too!

I just joined. Luckily for me there's one right beside my office so I have no excuse.

I've sent you a friend request :)