Podcasts Whilst Exercising

Options
Hoping I'm not alone in that I just don't like listening to music whilst exercising?! However, I can't listen to nothing and therefore I'm HOOKED on podcasts, in particular true crime podcasts... Everyone's probably listened too, or at least heard of Serial by now right? OK, so I've recently also completed Someone Knows Something and today finished Up & Vanished.. all I can say is O-M-G !!

Can anyone make any other good podcast recommendations?

Or, what do you listen to whilst exercising and I'll give it a whirl, a friend of mine does TED Talks - talk about serious self motivation!

Replies

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    It's a quickie, but Missing Richard Simmons is very nice while exercising. I'm not as into true crime stuff, but I love informational ones, from BBC's The Why Factor (about 15 - 20 minutes each) to Radiolab (up to an hour each). Slightly more story-based (but still informational) ones, like 99% Invisible, This American Life and Snap Judgement are also go-tos for me. If you enjoy informational humour, No Such Thing as a Fish, Infinite Monkey Cage and Ask Me Another have me laughing out loud. I am totally with you on the podcasts instead of music. I am currently subscribed to 31 podcasts, so if you need any more suggestions, I can keep them coming :D
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I listen to the School of greatness, the art of charm, the art of manliness, the Scott alan Turner show, the Retirement Answer man and lots of other Financial Podcast.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm a "music while exercising" person myself, but I like to listen to podcasts when I'm driving. The Beer Powered Time Machine is far and away my favorite. It's really only tangentially about beer, insofar as the guys on the cast are drink and critique 3-4 beers per show in between segments. It's really about people telling stories and discussing geeky and/or topical things.
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I listen to the School of greatness, the art of charm, the art of manliness, the Scott alan Turner show, the Retirement Answer man and lots of other Financial Podcast.

More or Less (from the BBC) may also be good for you, as well as Planet Money.
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started listening to Locked Up Abroad which is an audio version of the National Geographic show. It's just stories of people getting arrested in foreign countries for one reason or another. The podcasts are just as good as the show.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    If you like their comedic, probably-didn't-fact-check style, try My Favorite Murder. (They do apologize for their errors.)
    S-town is a good choice if you liked Serial.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I really like Missing Maura Murray, and Casefile is another super good one!!