Garcinia Cambogia

Options
kate21797
kate21797 Posts: 77 Member
Okay, so my mom has been taking garcinia cambogia extract tablets before her meals for the last few weeks, and swears that this extract is going to help her lose weight. I tell her she's crazy, it's just another stupid diet pill, and that it's not going to work. Granted, she has lost weight, but she has also been eating better and exercising more. I am convinced that the pill has nothing to do with it, but I am curious to see if anyone here has had it actually work for them?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my mom has been taking garcinia cambogia extract tablets before her meals for the last few weeks, and swears that this extract is going to help her lose weight. I tell her she's crazy, it's just another stupid diet pill, and that it's not going to work. Granted, she has lost weight, but she has also been eating better and exercising more. I am convinced that the pill has nothing to do with it, but I am curious to see if anyone here has had it actually work for them?

Waste of money.
    Calorie deficit is what makes a person lose weight.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    According to Wiki...

Clinical trials do not support claims that Garcinia camobogia is an effective weight-loss aid. A meta-analysis found a possible small, short-term weight loss effect (under 1 kilogram). However, side effects—namely hepatotoxicity—led to one preparation being withdrawn from the market.