Protein Fluff question- Devotion vs Quest vs others- advice?

Options
I've been loving the protein fluff you can make with Devotion Nutrition powder (1 scoop powder, 8 oz water and 2 cups icecubes). But I've ordered some other protein powder (Quest) in some funner flavours (I'm not a fan of the Flex flavours that you can get with Devotion).

I digress, any tips on good protein fluff without all the extra milk and adding frozen fruit? I'm going to experiment tonight (Banana Cream Quest flavour) and I have some xanthum gum at home too to help with thickening. But if anyone has experience making good protein fluff with simpler ingredients, please let me know! I'd rather keep it low cal (water and ice) but if you find almond/cashew/skim milk works better and if frozen banana helps, I'd be curious about your favourite recipes :)

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    xanthium gum, casein powder, liquid... that's all you need. I've used diet root beer, skim milk, water/ice cubes... all work ok.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I've never heard the term "protein fluff" before. It's basically just like a smoothie made with protein powder and no/less fruit?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I've used diet pop and almond milk before. I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein.
  • toxikon
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I've never heard the term "protein fluff" before. It's basically just like a smoothie made with protein powder and no/less fruit?

You mix your protein powder and a little bit of liquid with a stand/hand-mixer and it whips up into a light airy mousse that you can eat with a spoon. Very filling, but it can make you feel a bit bloated and farty (lots of air).
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

You mix your protein powder and a little bit of liquid with a stand/hand-mixer and it whips up into a light airy mousse that you can eat with a spoon. Very filling, but it can make you feel a bit bloated and farty (lots of air).

I guess I'm used to the Devotion fluff because never had any issues of bloat or gas. Hope that's not the case with the new Quest powder i"m trying! I make it with ice too (whips up realy fast in the Ninja or Nutrabullet) and it's like a Wendy's frosty.
  • toxikon
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

I guess I'm used to the Devotion fluff because never had any issues of bloat or gas. Hope that's not the case with the new Quest powder i"m trying! I make it with ice too (whips up realy fast in the Ninja or Nutrabullet) and it's like a Wendy's frosty.

That's good! Maybe your system is just a bit more hardy than mine. Bloating/gas seems to be pretty common. It's totally worth it though.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty robust stomach but excess protein does tend to activate the thrusters if you know what I mean.