The Scale

Options
How often does everyone weigh themselves? I was doing it daily, but I have hit a plateau and was thinking about moving to weekly.

Replies

• magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. Same time, same scale, same clothes (or lack there of).
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Some do it daily, some do it weekly, other people don't do it at all. It won't do anything for a plateau either way.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly. Same time, same scale, same clothes (or lack there of).

U nakey
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning after using the washroom, in my underwear. Track it on trendweight.com. Not sure how measuring less often helps with a plateau, but it comes down to personal preference.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Daily out of habit. Plus, I have learned that many things can affect weight by doing this. Such as a high sodium meal, alcohol, even dehydration.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Same time after I wake everyday. Scale is WiFi and auto logs and syncs to MFP & FitBit. I don't get all cought up in the numbers but look at overall trends. More data = better data in my opinion.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Few times a week, right after I've woken up and gone to the bathroom.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Everyday after I use the bathroom and get nekkid
  • angel88mil
    angel88mil Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to start doing monthly I was doing weekly and the weight was going up and down too much for me. I don't know if I should be happy or sad at times. But that's just me !!!!
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    No more than once a week when changing diet or workouts. Once I am just maintaining I switch to monthly.
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Either daily or every two days
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Usually more accurate logging fixes a plateau - don't see how weighing less would help.