HELP with Macros

Options
Can someone please look at my Macros and food diary and tell me what I am doing wrong? I am over today on my carbs, sugar, polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, cholesterol and sodium. I just don’t know what to do.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Today (Friday) looks good.

It's a bit of a Rubik's cube to get close - really no one gets it right every day. I just try to hit my protein goal every day and try to keep my carbs at around 150g or so.

Focus on Protein first. That's the most important one. Then have some fresh or frozen vegetables with every meal. You've done well, it doesn't have to be perfect. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You're barely over on carbs. Wouldn't even sweat that one. BTW, macros are carbs, proteins, and fat.

Sugar is a carb. Unless you have a medical reason to track sugar, I wouldn't worry about it. I switched my sugar tracker out for fiber a long time ago. Sodium is also one that only needs tracked if you have a medical reason. My personal sodium goal is 3000-6000 mg, due to exercise.

I would suggest centering your meals and snacks around your protein. Make your goal each day to hit your protein macro. I found that when I did that, carbs and fat usually hit pretty close.

You had a lot of sausage and bacon, that's probably screwing with your poly and mono fats. Go for leaner protein options.

I would also urge you to buy and use a food scale.

ETA: Oh, I was looking at Friday, too. Thursday doesn't look that bad to me, either. You're only over on calories by 55. That's not going to cause weight gain. Do you know your maintenance calories? That is good information to have to help keep you sane.