Strong Curves during a 12 week cut

Options
I feel like I may have made a mistake taking on the strong curves program right before going on a 12 week cut. Of course, I won't see any growth in my bum since my deficit is a bit aggressive (maintain around 2300-2400 and current intake is 1750).. although I do get the heart pumping and there's ab exercises for each workout day which I'm sure will help! (or not, idk. School me if needed).

Thougths? Should I finish out Booty-ful Beginnings (on week 7) and then find a pretty generic split program? Or does it even matter?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves is a fantastic program to do whether you are cutting, maintaining (recomping) or bulking. You may see some minor growth, or at least you will maintain what you have which is pretty great. The ab exercises are ok, i never really did them very consistently but some people like the extra ab work.

What are your main goals and plans after this cut? Are you going to run a bulk and continue to run SC?

• alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What are your main goals and plans after this cut? Are you going to run a bulk and continue to run SC?

My goal is to start a very slow bulk after the cut is over and either continue SC or restart the last phase (Gluteal Goddess Advanced). Actually, that was the plan.. but now I really miss the split day programs I used to be on.

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Strong Curves for 3 rounds and been at a deficit the whole time. And I have seen a visible difference in my glutes. My deficit has ranged from 250 to 600. Currently I'm doing 500 deficit as well as the advanced program (on week 9).
  • sardelsa
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

My goal is to start a very slow bulk after the cut is over and either continue SC or restart the last phase (Gluteal Goddess Advanced). Actually, that was the plan.. but now I really miss the split day programs I used to be on.

And in terms of your goals for your bulk?

With SC I saw great results when cutting but actual significant growth when bulking and even when maintaining.

What do you miss about the split program?
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    I've been doing Strong Curves for 3 rounds and been at a deficit the whole time. And I have seen a visible difference in my glutes. My deficit has ranged from 250 to 600. Currently I'm doing 500 deficit as well as the advanced program (on week 9).

That's awesome! and gives me hope honestly. I noticed that my bum isn't sagging or anything like that which is awesome.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate SC in a split strength training routine?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »

That's awesome! and gives me hope honestly. I noticed that my bum isn't sagging or anything like that which is awesome.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to incorporate SC in a split strength training routine?

I think @bbell1985 found a way to incorporate it into her programming, so she can tell you more about how she did it