Is it really true you can never become stronger then your father?

Options
I always here stories you can never become stronger due to "old man's strength" if this is true then how do you be able to surpass your father or a old person? So is it true that us younger generation can never succeed them in strength and skill, etc no matter what?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Huh?
    As a 57 year old I've seen a few generations grow taller and stronger.
    At 5'9" I was average height when I was growing up and now I'm a shrimp!

I'm taller and stronger than my father ever was though.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Of course it isn't true.

I don't know why you would ever believe that sort of BS.
    I could literally send my father to the hospital -on accident- about 30 years ago.

* It sounds like you might be intimidated by your father or something.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am now stronger than my father. It is the natural cycle of life. Improve your sources.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    LOL What? That is a new one for me. I will never be stronger than my father was at his prime because he was a male construction worker and I am a woman. He was actually probably stronger than I will ever be up until about a year before his death.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I LOL too. For one thing, OP's writing makes little intelligible sense. Since that is the case, the meaning I derived from reading it made me LOL.

It is not true, and has never been true, that humans are inconceivably able to surpass their father in physical strength.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    LOL - I hope you're trying to be funny.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    wat
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    If you understand how life evolved from humbled origins, you know this can't possibly be true.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If that is true then Adam must have been strong enough to lift boulders.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I always here stories you can never become stronger due to "old man's strength" if this is true then how do you be able to surpass your father or a old person? So is it true that us younger generation can never succeed them in strength and skill, etc no matter what?

Where have you heard this?
    I suppose this might have been a valid view when your parent and older generation was doing heavy physical labor every day of their life or walking across the entire country and the younger generation switched to working desk jobs or retail and driving everywhere.
    If you want to be stronger be active, do physically hard things.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    this is the dumbest thing I've heard today, which in 2017 is a mighty accomplishment

I am definitely genetically predisposed to be bigger and stronger than my dad. His side of the family are all tall, lanky, English stock, which my brother inherited. But my mother's side is a mix of sturdy Scots and Norwegians, shorter but built like brick *kitten* houses, this is the side I inherited more of my genes from.

My dad has 4 inches on me, but I have about 15 pounds of lean mass on him at least.