Death from diet pills.

Options
nooshi713
nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
edited September 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I remember years ago, a young woman came in to the ER and died. She had no known medical problems. The only thing new? She was on diet pills to lose the baby weight. Diet pills are bad for the heart. I will never mess with them.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there are a lot of scary ones out there. I tried these diet pills a friend was raving about...this was like 2001, anyway, she got them from a health food store. I took two. First day I was like a drug addict cleaning everything in sight and running around like crazy. Second day I got blisters on my eyeballs and had to get prescription eyedrops from an eye surgeon to fix it, he said there was pressure built up inside my eyes and thought I might have severe RA. Nope, just the diet pills. never again!!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I remember early 2000's when Metabolife was huge! I used them and ran,cleaned,etc I remember my heart racing,getting dizzy,blackened vision bleh! The company was later shut down
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    There was this show called Untold Stories of the ER where they featured a woman who almost died from heat exhaustion due to taking the diet drug DNP. Her body temperature eventually went back to normal, but not before reaching 106F.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I recently had a friend die from DNP.
  • Dree216
    Dree216 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What is DNP?